Nottingham LotteryWinners

I see a couple in Nottingham have won the £10,000 a month for 30 years Prize on the lottery. Well done them, hope they really make the most if it and enjoy it and we won’t in a few years see articles saying how the lottery win ruined their lives. That drives me mad.

Upon reflection about winning something like that (the most I win is a lucky dip so don’t think I would ever have that problem) I don’t think I would opt for publicity, in fact I know I wouldn’t. If others in our syndicate wanted it then that is up to them but I would rather keep it private . If it was a big jackpot win there are obviously people In my life who I would help and my favourite charities obviously.

I would get a nice bungalow, or even have one built to my specifications, nothing big or grandiose with a bit of land for my dog(s) to run in. Not having to worry about any bills coming in would be nice as well so I could put the heating on instead of wearing thermals and an extra jumper!
Nice bit of daydreaming for such a miserable day.

• Like 1

I know of someone who worked with a woman who won half a million on the football pools (do people still do them?) and carried on working. She also did overtime which was rationed much to the chagrin of the other workers. 

Depends on their personal circumstances doesn’t it?  Half a million is a nice chunk of money to win but some people just don’t want to stop working, not everyone plays golf or has a big garden to look after and the worst thing anyone could do is sit and watch TV all day.  That amount would soon be eaten up by going on nice holidays or helping your kids get on the housing ladder.  

The win was over thirty years ago, he had no kids & his wife had a good bank job !

He just lived for work. Nothing else mattered, incidentaly he was NCTs hiughest paid bus driver most years ! ;);)