Things you've seen locally or noticed different in Lockdowns

Earlier this year we saw a hares in the field opposite our house and this morning a partridge on the garden . Two first for Annesley.  There should also be some comical answers to look forward to :laugh:

In the first lockdown last year, the lack of traffic in roads was the thing I noticed most. The roads have never been that quiet again since.

And the other thing is the clear blue skies with no jet trails. In the past, a clear blue sky was a rare thing because it was always full of white lines.

• Like 1

Although traffic was much lower here during the first lockdown.. it was very high during the latest.  I live close to a local beauty spot and among the nearest access points to it for drivers are:  The main road into our development... which is now frequently clogged up with selfishly parked vehicles, and also a small parking bay at the entrance to another..private access road. The latter has space for 3 or 4 cars which was always more than enough.. but now gets clogged..with vehicles overflowing out into the main road.  All footpaths are now infested with walkers in numbers I've never seen in the 40 years I've been here.   Also, cyclists seem to think they hve a right to ride anywhere.  They don't.  public footpaths are for walkers.. not cyclists.  Bridleways are different.

Litter is now a huge problem round here as people still don't seem to understand the difference between a bin.. and a hedgerow. Thy lso seem unable to process the fact that an empty can or bottle is easier to carry than a full one.

I've noticed that local volunteer litter pickers are leaving large orange bags of litter next to the dog muck bins.. which are an eyesore in themselves and as far as I'm concerned just a waste of public money.  If people can bag up dog muck and carry it off the paths to the dog bin.. surely they can take it home?  I assume the volunteers have an arrangement with the council to get their orange bags picked up.

I can only hope that a lot of those who have been walking and littering up here out of sheer boredom (or lack of imagination)  will soon return to spending their time shopping, or living in the pub all weekend.. like before.

Rant over.

• Like 1

We live in the middle of vineyards so its pretty quiet. During the first lockdown it was eiry because there wasnt even a sound of tractors and the occasional moo from the cows. Gradually people started walking around and now at the weekends our road is like a thoroughfare for marathons.