admin

The Cane (corporal Punishment) !

katyjay    3,425

I only was punished once in my school life, in the infants. Miss Stoker (the red hot poker) was my teacher. I remember like it was yesterday, she told the class to be quiet. They did, and I inadvertently dropped my pencil. Those around me giggled, and she strode up the classroom and slapped my legs. She was a horrid old spinster who should never have been in charge of small children.

• Like 2

philmayfield    650

They were “proper” teachers. Hard bastards. We had quite a few who treated us likes the erks that were under them when they were officers in the war. Some were kindly and some kept us under control by using veiled threats which never came to fruition because we did not dare to push them. Clever psychology. My wife taught miner’s children at Rainworth but got more hassle from the parents than the kids!

Jill Sparrow    4,074
41 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

My wife taught miner’s children at Rainworth but got more hassle from the parents than the kids!

In my experience, the parents were ALWAYS more trouble than their offspring!

plantfit    3,201

I can't remember what my crime was but the punishment lasted from my first day at Colligate infants down the Meadows at the age of 5 and went on until my eventual release from Fairham at Clifton at the age of 16, must have been one hell of a crime 11 years held against my will, making up for it now though  :jumping:

Rog

• Like 1

NewBasfordlad    2,584

Once dodged the inevitable thrown board rubber by ducking behind the desk lid, got dragged to the front of the class two strokes of the strap, one way or another they would get you..................

philmayfield    650

The sadism from teachers that went on back then was unreal but I suppose they experienced it in their own schooldays. The threat of violence to ensure discipline certainly kept a lot of us in check. Now the pendulum has swung the other way and what ammunition do teachers have now? Everyone seems to know their human rights. Human rights without the equivalent responsibilities is the problem. Responsibilities should be instilled into kids at an early age but looking at many of today’s crop of parents from where do we start?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

FLY2    7,449

There was a male music teacher at FFGS that used to creep around the class, and if anyone had irked him previously. he'd sneak up behind  them, and tweak the hair just near the top of your ear and twist it and lead you out to the front of the class. He'd keep doing it till you squirmed. God, it almost made me pee myself !