Found this and it's about time they stopped the ladies of Nottingham urinating in the streets !! you should be ashamed of yourself ...no bloke would do it ?

City pub-goers may soon be able to go to the loo in open-air 'pee pods'.

But anyone who uses them will be visible to passers-by.

The idea is to stop revellers urinating in streets and doorways after pubs and clubs shut.

The free-standing European-style 'pee pods' could be shipped in for weekend evenings and taken away the next morning to be cleaned and emptied.

Councillors are considering trying five of them for six months.

Barbara Morgan, city commercial services director, told councillors: "I appreciate that this will seem offensive to some people."

But she said the issue could not be ignored and council officers and police could not carry on fining people too drunk to realise they were committing a crime.

The KROS toilets can cost as little as £25 each to hire for a weekend, although transport and cleaning would be extra.

If five are used, it would cost at least £125 per weekend, or £3,250 for a six-month trial.

The toilets, which can hold 450 litres, cost £1,000 each to buy.

Firm Elliott Loohire supplies similar loos to Cardiff, Manchester and London.

Councillor Brian Grocock, city environment spokesman, told a council meeting that the 'pee pods' seemed a good solution to an unpleasant problem.

"This is obviously a concern for the shopkeepers in the city who have to swill down their shop fronts," he said.

A proposed location for one of the five portable toilets is close to Bensons bar, at the corner of Shakespeare Street and Milton Street.

Bar owner Leroy Ricketts agreed with the principle but wanted provision for both sexes.

"More often than not it will be a group of females who've gone to the (Victoria) bus station toilets, found they're closed and then come straight here. It is annoying."

Various groups, including the Nottingham Pensioner Action Group, want more public toilets in the city centre opened at night.

It lobbied for, and got, new toilets in Greyhound Street to replace the ones demolished as part of the Old Market Square revamp.

A £30,000 'superloo' cubicle opened early this year at Broadmarsh bus station.

The council will consider setting up two more, in Maid Marian Way and Fletcher Gate.

post-11-1159737958_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 8 years later...

I think I’ve mentioned this before about piddling. We had a restaurant on Thurland st years ago and at the side of it was a corridor that at the weekends was a favourite place for men to relieve themselves. My husband was fed up with having to disinfect the area so he connected an electric wire where they urinated. I can’t remember exactly how he did it but it worked, the first one to piddle had a mild shock certainly not enough to do any damage but it made sure no one else did it.

I add too that it was removed quickly and never used again.