Name the baldie....

But what was his TV show called - the magic one and what else did he do on the TV? slywink

...... and what else did he do on the TV?

A long time panellist on What's My Line?, which made him famous.

IIRC, the other regular panellists were Barbara Kelly, Gilbert Harding and the tragic Isobel Barnett, of local fame.

Cheers

Robt P.

And he also used to present the teatime chess programme - the title of which I can't recall :(

A long time panellist on What's My Line?, which made him famous.

IIRC, the other regular panellists were Barbara Kelly, Gilbert Harding and the tragic Isobel Barnett, of local fame.

Cheers

Robt P.

Why Tragic?

Mick & Caz,

'Tragic' because she took her own life, as she could not cope with the shame of being charged with a shop lifting offence.

IIRC, the theft was from John Lewis in Leicester and the item was worth less than £5 in value.......all very sad.

Cheers

Robt P.

Yes...she was the wife of Sir Geoffrey Barnett, who was a well known Leicester solicitor.

I used to have some business dealings with him during the 60's.

At one time they lived near to Kirby Bellars, on the A607 Leicester- Melton road, but I seem to think they moved later to the Ibstock? area.

Cheers

Robt P.

Was he a lord then?

I rember Gilbert Harding, what was his claim to fame, apart from What's my line?

Not a Lord...just a Knight, possibly a Baronet.

Her formal title was Lady Isobel Barnett.

Gilbert Harding was an irascible, awkward and rude old sod, would fall out with his own shadow in the summertime...

Prior to becoming an alleged 'personality' he'd been a copper and a teacher.

Cheers

Robt P.

• 4 months later...

Poor old Britney all that money & fame & nothing better to do with it,if I had the time I would shed a tear..........................not !tony!

But what was his TV show called  - the magic one and what else did he do on the TV?  slywink

was it just called 'The David Nixon Show'? about 1973-ish. was Anita Harris his assistant?

I'm sure he did the original British version of candid camera and had some connection with Basil Brush (not 100% on that one though?).