Who said romance was dead? Ive just switched on my tv and have watched a Neopolitan wedding or should I say the build up to their wedding. Starting with choosing the perfect place to choosing the dress.  The scene the evening before the big day shows the family starting to prepare for the following day. The bride and her female siblings and mother all with their hair in rollers when there is a commotion outside with neighbours calling her name to come to the window or better still to come outside. She gets to the window to see her future husband standing next to someone who is singing a neopolitan seranade. The bride gets very emotional and eventually goes outside to see all her friends and neighbours. She is very happy that the moment has relieved her of all the tensions she had. A lovely memory for them. Naples has a reputation for big weddings and this was no exception. Very romantic. 

Obviously nothing to do with Nottingham but thought it a nice post. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Naples is not too far from Nottingham, is it Nonna?  :rolleyes: I'll get me coat !

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

On a business trip to Naples I made a joke about the Mafia. I was told, in no uncertain terms 'down here we don't make jokes about the Mafia'. I felt uneasy!

No comment.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Naples is not too far from Nottingham, is it Nonna?  :rolleyes: I'll get me coat !

In fact BK its just round the corner