Sarah Eyre Accident Castle Boulevard possibly in the 1950s

Hi all,   I don't have much info on this and no-one I can ask so hopefully it may jog someone's memory?   I was told some years ago that my grandma Sarah Eyre married to Jonathan Eyre (who was born 1880 died 1953)  was killed by a vehicle whilst crossing the road at Castle Boulevard in the 1950s.  I don't know if this is true and have done some searches but come up with nothing at tall.  My grandfather apparently had a bicycle shop near to Castle Boulevard.  I don't know when Sarah was born only that she was born in Norfolk and her maiden name was Fish or Germany.   I know that Sarah & Jonathan were married in 1902, had several children the last being born in 1913 called Leonard.  If anyone knows anything about this family I would be grateful for the info.

This is a repeat of a previous request from Jan 2020 .

Anne Swabey told you then that Sarah Ann Eyre's maiden name was Fish and that she was born c1885 in Cromer .

Leonard Eyre born 1913 had a distinctive first name of Hosea .

Having said all that , can't see a death in Nottingham in the 50s for a Sarah Ann Eyre (born about 1885). 

14 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

In the 1920s, Jonathan Eyre is listed as 'Motor Engineer' at 281 Castle Boulevard.   That would've been at the Lenton end, just along from the Grove Hotel.

Thank you.  

13 hours ago, DAVIDW said:

This is a repeat of a previous request from Jan 2020 .

Anne Swabey told you then that Sarah Ann Eyre's maiden name was Fish and that she was born c1885 in Cromer .

Leonard Eyre born 1913 had a distinctive first name of Hosea .

Having said all that , can't see a death in Nottingham in the 50s for a Sarah Ann Eyre (born about 1885). 

Yes, and since then I have confirmation via a solicitor that she was known as Sarah Ann Fish OR Germany and there are two listings for the marriage for Sarah to Jonathan one as Sarah Ann Fish the other as Sarah Ann Germany!  Thanks re Hosea.  Guess the accident info is incorrect.

• 1 year later...

@doodle used to go to school with an Eddie ? Eddy ? Eyre 70,s  forgot the school name but it was a secondary school in Bilborough half way up Denewood crescent,  maybe a relative ?

The school on Denewood was Player. This I know co's  'er indoors went there. Before your time though Dave !

• Upvote 1