Not really a bus post, but my dad did the signwriting on a bus destination canvas.  i remember him doing it in our living room on the dining table. It was very long, and came cream coloured. He penciled in all the destinations,  then blacked out all around the words so the light shone through them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not really a bus post, but my dad did the signwriting on a bus destination canvas.  i remember him doing it in our living room on the dining table. It was very long, and came cream coloured. He pencil

Another Butlers Bros coach, this time at Huntingdon St Bus Station

Interestingly, I can only locate one OB being delivered new to Butler Brothers with Duple bodywork and that’s the one in the photo at Huntingdon Street.   They had GAL 249 in 1943 with a Roe body

Interestingly, I can only locate one OB being delivered new to Butler Brothers with Duple bodywork and that’s the one in the photo at Huntingdon Street.

They had GAL 249 in 1943 with a Roe body which would have been a wartime utility body. This was actually a OWB.

Also, HRR 192 delivered in 1947 with a Plaxton body.

It’s quite feasible that these could have been rebodied at a later stage with Duple bodywork.

They may have also obtained a second hand bus or two to supplement their fleet.

As a side note, LNN 877 went new to Clark’s of Epperstone. That had a Duple body.

• Like 2

It's great to have reg numbers in your posts, a big help for someone building/altering a OB into a code three. 

Rog