Map of Wright Street, St Anns and Chapel St, Radford.

Hi, just seen your maps page and have been looking for ages to find a map showing Wright street off Bluebell hill and Chapel street off Ilkeston road, could you please advise me of where I could get a copy. I lived at these addresses while awaiting my father’s return from the far east in 1946 and would dearly love to show my family where this was.

Best regards

A.G.Smith(cimerron)

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Map of Wright Street, St Anns and Chapel St, Radford.

Chapel Street, off Ilkeston Road is actually still there. It's now the top half of Highurst Street.

Highurst Street used to only go from Ilkeston Road to Denman Street; then from Denman Street up to Alfreton Road it was named Chapel Street.

And here's Wright Street, St Ann's.

37AD3v9.jpg

Welcome Cimerron to nottstalgia 

i found your post interesting. I lived in St Ann's most of my life and we have a site called St Ann's Well Road Pre Demolition (1970) you will find every thing you need and more. Please keep posting as there are allso a lot of members on this site who allso lived or stayed in St Ann's.

• 4 months later...

Dad returned from the far east in 1946 and I am not sure where myself and brother Harold were staying at this time ( Mum had T.B. and was in Newstead Abbey )but we were given a brand new house, 22 Hillbeck crescent, Wollaton, but Mum was trapped upstairs until Dad came home from work and carried her downstairs for the evening and so we did a swop for a prefab in Bilborough.