What a brilliant school loved me time although I was always in trouble... Preferred the stool ball across me arse than the hard slap across the bare thighs... Miss Rogers and Mr. Beesley were the experts at that:Shock:

Walter Halls Primary School caters for Reception up to Year 6 and also has a nursery.  It opened in 1939.  I was a parent governor there about 30 years ago and quite involved with the PTA.

I went there under the head mistress miss littlewood/headmaster Mr. Forster and my kids went there too under Frank Knowles...and my late Mrs went there as a parent supporter in fact the kids decorated the church at her funeral with colourful big paintings of letters of her name to go all around... She was that well liked... Bless her

• Like 3

On 14 May 1995 the school secretary, Mrs Joan Whitehall, 47, was tragically killed while supporting a school canal trip.  She was trying to steer a narrow boat around a bend in the Grand Union canal, Birmingham, when she fell into the water and became entangled with the propellor.  One of the male teachers dived in but was unable to save her.  She was kind-hearted, conscientious and much loved by all the children.  It is hard to imagine the effect on the those who witnessed the event.

Yep lovely woman, a good looking blonde 6 footer... Got on with her very well a good friend.... Prop was in full reverse which didn't help matters otherwise she would have been pushed away... Firemen where there some time getting her off the prop... The whole of the school devastated but to be honest the kids were all very brave about it. 

My memories of Walter Hall school (sorry can't remember year) but I must have been at St Ann's Board school at the time. After sports day which was held at Coppice Recreation ground so many of us were picked to run at Walter hall school. Now I can't remember what it was all about but I seem to think that it was trial's for young Nottinghamshire county team.

Now this coud be wrong or could be right. Is their any member wo know any thing about this?

3 hours ago, mary1947 said:

After sports day which was held at Coppice Recreation ground so many of us were picked to run at Walter hall school.

Yeh it wouldnt be like that now as some snowflake clown decided that it should be a "No Winners and No losers" sports day:Fool:... Me kids and their mates hated it

• Like 1

you need a bit of competition in life just to grow up  and your right there has to be a winner and loser's :bluespin04:

So true if ya not got that competitive sprite people will just walk all over you