Not aware of the location of these, found this image on a search.

Anyone know where these are. A recent picture would be good?

Mansfield "Rock Houses" date unknown...

post-19-1161443651_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep, the rock houses in mansfield are on rock hill (A617 just up from radcliffe gate) if you're coming up the A60 from nottingham, turn right onto forest road, (on the left of forest road used to be the old james maude factory and on the right is the savanna rags building. follow the road (name changes to windsor road on the bend) follow the road up the hill to the right (still on the same road) at the end of the road (fittapart shop is straight in front)get in left hand lane, and go down the hill, the rock houses are on your right hand side. you can park opposit in the car park on the playing fields, but its a busy road.

hope that helps?

years ago, the windows used to have glass in them so you could see inside. (bout 30 years ago lmao), but think they're covered in metal grills now so you can't see in them anymore.

mick2me Posted: Dec 16 2006, 10:00 AM 

Thanks for that Sal, Sounds like we need a recent image to post?

Sounds a job for super BiP.

Well I've got nowt to do all day long apart from policing this site according to certain members....MMD... :tease:

hehehe, will get some recent pics tomoro (yay, will give me another excuse to escape - again lol).

:) Sal

ps, ignore MMD, is he the original scrooge dickens scrooge was based on? lmao

• 7 years later...

BUMP!!

Mrs Commo's great Uncle Tom Chamberlain and her Great Aunt Sarah were some of the last inhabitants of the Rock Houses. Tom was a forester by trade and made a living making and selling Ling brooms, and Mrs C remembers visiting when she was a little gel, her main recollection being Aunt Sarah's possession and use of a brass spittoon by the hearth !!

• 5 years later...

Welcome to the ever growing band of Nottstalgians down under Mary.

Where are you in our wide brown land?

If I remember correctly Mayfair Avenue ran off Windsor Road which had a great view of Mansfield over the quarry, which is now houses.

The Reindeer and the Oak Tree, both on Southwell Rd West were watering holes of mine in the past.