• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this one has slipped the net....my guess would be 1936 leyland traveller..exclusive...2.0lr Hdi with leather interior.... :yahoo:

Looks like a pre-war Leyland Tiger with Duple bodywork.

That said there seems to be an office block in the background which looks decidedly post-war.

My guess is that this a photo of a bus up for sale.

I'll get my anorak. smile2

• 12 years later...

Lincolnshire road transport museum are having a Vintage Transport Festival at the museum North Hykeham on Easter Sunday with rides on some of their vintage buses

Rog

• Like 1

This is my bus nowadays, 14 seater at a retirement village, ( I m older than most of the passengers !).

IMG-20150523-204444.jpg

• 3 months later...

My first thought was 'I bet they won't let the be demolished as it is is Art Deco' . I guess re-locating it might be OK

If they can take apart the old London Bridge, number every stone, ship it across the Atlantic and re-assemble it in the desert of Arizona, taking this building down and putting it back together a few miles away, will be a doddle! 

Why is it that most councils think it's a good idea to demolish beautiful old buildings and replace them with grotesque buildings which then lie empty for years. Newcastle in particular seems to follow this trait then these buildings in turn are demolished to build..........yes you guessed it student accommodation !!

• Upvote 1

That old depot was delapidated 40 years ago. Knew a Bartons fitter who worked there. In fact he worked for Barton buses all his working life.

Still very active at 92 years of age.

• Like 1
On 8/8/2019 at 9:10 AM, Gem said:

Why is it that most councils think it's a good idea to demolish beautiful old buildings

We've discussed this before. In Nottingham at the time they were demolished they were not considered beautiful, just old and out dated. I'm far from being a fan of the planners but have to admit they don't have a crystal ball and could not see the future value of areas like Broad and Narrow Marsh. Hopefully today's lot are a little more enlightened.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Historic England have scuppered Bartons plans and now the Art Deco frontage is Grade 2 listed and can't be moved.

It will end up being left to decay as no-one will get planning for anything else adjacent to it. (that would make commercial sense).

It'll most likely end up being "accidentally" knocked down, or fall down overnight, as has happened before in the City.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/historic-city-centre-former-bus-3237759

• 3 years later...

I'll try and post this picture again, the one in an earlier post has been lost, anyway, 1/76 scale Bartons buses

P1100115-2.jpg

Rog

• Like 1