Ladies underwear shop ?

Hi, I was reminiscing with my eldest sister today and we both thought our late mother purchased either a bra or girdle from a shop on derby road somewhere opposite the cathedral. This would be in the 60's or 70's, can anyone remember the name of the shop or did we both just imagine it - which is quite possible. Many thanks.

Could have been Roughton's. A bit further up than the cathedral on the opposite side. It was a big shop and sold everything from children's clothes to household linen. My mum bought me a gabardine coat from there around 1965. 

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Ladies underwear ?
13 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I think it was Johnstone's Corsetry, CT.  They had more than one branch, I believe.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but that sounds familiar.

I've looked in old phone books, and they were at Chapel Bar, King's Walk, and St Peter's Gate.

They did, AG. I detested those contraptions for some reason as a child. I think it was the noise they made. I usually refused to go into any shop that had one. That included Farmer's and Beech's on Gregory Boulevard. Proper little horror, I was. Made my mother's shopping trips a nightmare!

They were there for years, CT, but I think they were more inclined to cater for the older woman who wanted girdles, corsets, etc. They probably sold liberty bodices, along with ladies vests and bloomers.  I tended to shop at Jeanettes on King Street as their merchandise was a bit more up to date.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Ladies underwear shop ?

I can't remember whether they were above or below Lipman's, the bridal shop. This was another large shop which was there for many years and run by the wife of a Nottingham solicitor. When it closed, in the 80s, it became an antiques centre.