I remember some of my relatives came her on the ship Windrush. Here is a good idea of it Winrush

This summer three of my friends from Jamaca [ Jamaica ] and their family are coming to live in Nottingham. It will be good to see them and take them round. I hope we do not see that man who is putting up BNP signs on the Forum. That is wrong

Silly spelling mistake or was it ?

Not too bothered if he's 'genuine', Brian Lara or Jeremy Paxman....

He reminds me that 'SS Windrush', which carried the original West Indian immigrants here in the 50's, brought some of the most friendly, hardworking and pleasant people that I have ever encountered.

Certainly true that those pioneers were subject to abuse and the r..... word.

Great shame that their descendants have become progressively less acceptable, as generation follows generation....

There are, of course, exceptions to this downward trend but, sadly, they become more difficult to find.

God knows what generation will follow the current gang/gun toting mob..

Mix in the Muslim scum and my main preoccuptation becomes the fear for the future welfare of my young grandchildren.

Cheers

Robt P.

• Upvote 1

At the end of the day rob we may find ourselves, like all the ex-pats have done, going over sea's leaving this as you put it, gang/gun toting mob to distroy what our forefathers fought hard and gave their life's for...... :Friends:

Thats rubish man...just like all I have fought against all my life. I was in the Army in the 50's lots of black guys and muslims was there. I worked hard and get to be a Sergeant.

Some of the kids went wrong, but a lot of white guys are bad people...it's easy to go on about bad blacks and bad muslims....what about the US guards who tortured people in cuba...they was wrong too.

Lets all work together to form a better country. Just think of a single black mother trying her best to bring up her children in St anns ...lots of crime..lots of Police shouting out you black scum, lots of bosses saying we dont want black working fot us...what chance we got man...what chance...give us a chance !

I belive people in Nottingham are better than that !

At the end of the day rob we may find ourselves, like all the ex-pats have done, going over sea's leaving this as you put it, gang/gun toting mob to distroy what our forefathers fought hard and gave their life's for...... :Friends:

Our dwindling, and almost extinct, generation that fought in WWII would not have tolerated:

1) Immigrants arriving here and not complying with our laws or behaviour...unlike the original 'Windrush' intake.

2) Incomers living in ghettoes....

3) The creation of 200+mosques, in a Christian Country.

4) The downgrading in value of our national symbols, flags etc...

5) Up to 1.5 million 'unknown' illegal immigrants absorbed into the ghettoes.!

Et al...............

Our forebears were stocked with hardly any "bleeding hearts", "quasi-liberals" and, in their time, the phrase "do gooders" was unheard of.

Cheers

Robt P.

• Upvote 1

Can i just say we are number 7 in the worst places to live because we are the gun cap of england ALMOST. Most of the gun crime is black on black would there be so much if they was not here or would the others fill there shoes what dose everyone else think !! i dont know what has gone wong the police or just our attitudes???. !rulez!

P.S has anyone seen cali gal ??

I been listing to this crap all my life.

Who is the immigrant, who is the English man, who is the bad guy, who runs the country, who brings up a good family.

We is all persons of the world...bad, good and all dat.

Just go easy man, easy man.

The persons who rule UK are not in number 10....they is MI5/6 they say if the boss is OK, they say who to have in the country.

Open your minds and eyes brothers....the big brother calls the shots man .

I agree but you know whats happening, open your eyes nottingham has a problem that can not be sorted in a short time we all know that. I used to be around the bad lands alot i.e st ann ect.. and i know what its like and its worse then people think!!!

Why on a sat night you two chatting to each other? why aren't your two out getting pissed......................like me.....................before you know it you won't be able to go out...life is very short so make the most of it.......... :Friends:

I remember some of my relatives came her on the ship Windrush. Here is a good idea of it Winrush

"William Chong was a teenager when he emigrated on the

"Empire Windrush" in June 1948."

william_chong_lead_203x152.jpg

William Chong

Scuze me, but thats not a Jamaican Name is it?

I know that guy, He ran a take away on Orange Street (Jamaica)

Quite close to Prince Busters Record Shack?

post-20-1162255360_thumb.jpg

I do not drink alchol

Are you a reformed person, seen the light so to speak...or has your liver been damaged from all those late nights in the Tally Ho club........hey!

Yes Albert owned it in those days,

But I thought his wife was called Inger or summat similar?

I remember her being german or or something like.

Ernie at 'The Gregory' would know.

I knew their Bar manager Frank, (who lives in The Park, nowadays)

Hectic days those, 8-4pm I worked as an Electrician, 7-11pm I was working at the Slipper WB.

11.30-2.30am I was at the Tally Ho!

The Dancing Sliipper Ballroom was on the right hand side of Central Avenue going from town, opposite the park. It was above a small garage type shop, accessed by a set of steps. Its still there today, a few years ago it was a restaraunt.

It was also called the Swinging Slipper at one period.

The Slipper on Saturday night, was one of the countrys top Jazz venues in the 60's and 70's. George Melly and Jake Thackery come to mind, but there were many more top names.

I would love to get some photos from its hey day.

post-20-1162459518_thumb.jpg

I found this mention on ALVIN LEE'S WEBSITE

the early sixties,

Ivan had left, and Alvin had taken over the vocal duties, and the name was changed to the ‘Jaybirds’, playing in Nottingham at such clubs as, The Dancing Slipper, The Carousel, The Cocked Hat, and The Regal located in Ripley