Old Radford 1891 - Piggins Yard

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Old Radford 1891 - Piggins Yard

It seems to have been Piggins Yard, which was off Lindsay Street, off Radford Road, in Hyson Green.

The nearest equivalent today is around here. LIndsay Street was approximately the car park entrance, and Piggins Yard was a bit further down on the right.

https://goo.gl/maps/btgsLoW74njddJu8A

Thank you again Cliff Ton map appreciated.  The only thing is it is in the 1891 census for Radford District 31 and is after Hyson Passage Linday Street, Pepper Yard, Mayatt Yard? Have included a snap shot of the page but not sure how clear it is.  Here is the web address as well.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageviewer/collections/6598/images/NTTRG12_2689_2691-0067?treeid=&personid=&hintid=&usePUB=true&usePUBJs=true&_ga=2.124785294.527463278.1624809476-137717846.1624809476&pId=137454801114766858_1891CensusRadfordcoverage.jpg.52a5c3b8c46e3cdc60ad8a66a22677de.jpg

Does this help at all as to where it was 

Welcome, Bertie. I knew this area well...but not in 1891...although my grandparents would have been very familiar with it then.  My great aunt Lily was married at St Paul's Church, as was her older sister, Rose, before her.

So many of the features on CT's map, I remember from my childhood. The police station, the library, Kirkstead Street where several of my school chums lived, lovely shops where you could buy anything.

Then some idiot decided to build the concrete monstrosity flats.  The rest is downhill all the way. I wouldn't dare venture in that area alone now. Very sad.

I wouldn't venture round there with an armed guard. You can drive round there at 60mph and they can still remove your wing mirrors. Welcome Bertie.

4 hours ago, Bertie said:

The only thing is it is in the 1891 census for Radford District 31 and is after Hyson Passage Linday Street, Pepper Yard, Mayatt Yard?

Those other places you've mentioned were also on Lindsay Street.  The names aren't very clear but the red arrows indicate.....from left to right....Piggins Yard...Amos Yard....Wyatt Yard.....Pepper Yard........with Adams Street down the middle and Adams Cottages.

Z897Zfv.jpg