I’ve been away for a few days so using the ‘in house’ WiFi at the place I was staying. I thought I’d have a look at Nottstalgia and surprising found it bought up a page with the message that ‘this page is blocked as it contains adult or other content assessed as unsuitable for general viewing’ 

Was it the talk of liberty bodice’s or flannel knickers. Anyway there was a report any problems form so I messaged to ask why this harmless page was blocked. Surprisingly quickly I received a reply to say that they use a third party company to restrict access to certain sites and having examined Nottstalgia agreed it was an error and unblocked it with an apology. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, letsavagoo said:

Surprisingly quickly I received a reply to say that they use a third party company to restrict access to certain sites and having examined Nottstalgia agreed it was an error and unblocked it with an apology. 

I've never heard of that before. Who exactly were they who you contacted; was it the providers of the in-house WiFi ?

3 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

I've never heard of that before. Who exactly were they who you contacted; was it the providers of the in-house WiFi ?

Thank you for requesting this site to be unblocked. Our 3rd Party filtering system which classifies websites for us had classified this site as “Adult Content” which seems after visiting the site to be to incorrect. I have reconfigured the filter to allow this site to be accessed. Please allow an hour for this to begin to work on your device – you may also need to clear your internet cache in your browser. Apologies for the inconvenience, it does seem a bit odd that it was classified like that.

If you are still experiencing problems accessing the website after an hour or two and after clearing your browser cache, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Chris

blob:https://nottstalgia.com/052e2b74-2e39-4537-a7a2-2715be819cca blob:https://nottstalgia.com/7eb3b79d-5925-4b6e-b7fa-13adba8b0909
  • Like 1

I like the idea that Nottstalgia had been classified as Adult Content. We need to keep Ben under closer control.

I wonder how that decision was reached - by human or algorithm ? 

And how many other people are missing the benefits of Nottstalgia due to some strange - and wrong - decision ?

Perhaps it was Compo's latest in 'Amusing Images?

or if it's racism that's the problem as well, I believe there have been images of the little gentlemen on jars of marmalade?