My phone is Android not Apple, but I would have the same problem; I wouldn't be able to log out of Nottstalgia in the phone's current setting.

However, as Willow Wilson says, the answer is to go to Desktop mode. Then you'll be able to log out.

Cliff ton is correct. No icon. Having looked at every single option I can find I have come to the conclusion that there is no way to log out. As to the posh phone it’s a hand me down from daughter in law when she upgrades, old one goes to grandson and when new upgrade comes I get grandsons. 

Is this what you see when you are looking to log off ?   It's my Android phone, but I think it's the same. There's nowhere to log on/off, or find PMs, or many other features.

Ij9sOwx.jpg

Click on the three dots to the right; then scroll down and you'll find something called Desktop Version. That will give a copy of what you see on a desktop computer (although it will be very small and you'll have to zoom in).

Talking of logging on/off etc.,slight change. Anybody know owt about Amazon Fire tablets? Thinking of getting one for 'er indoors, but know bugger all about them. Only had Android tabs.

Any advice greatly appreciated. B.

I haven't had hands-on access to a Fire though I read that they are based on Android but have moved significantly away from the standard Android operating system (to the point where they call it Fire OS).  Amazon doesn't like Google so have stripped most of the Google bits out, including the Play Store app (where an Android user can find thousands of free apps).  The Fire probably suffices for web browsing (and buying stuff from Amazon of course).  It depends what you (or SWMBO) wants it for.

https://ebookfriendly.com/amazon-fire-tablet-things-to-know/amp/

Thanks Engineer, to be quite honest, she hasn't got a clue, bless her. She's never used one although I did give her a Toshiba 10" tablet, but it's running Android 4, so it's a bit outdated.

I figured a 7" tablet would be easier to handle (She's got arthritic hands) and I could teach her to handle her emails. At the moment she wouldn't know how to switch it on.

One thing I spotted is that you have to choose between "with ads" and "without ads", with the latter costing a tenner more!  There are other (true) Android tablets out there at similar price points but watch out for the amount of memory.  The operating system and bloatware that you can't delete can take up quite a chunk of an 8GB tablet.  16 or 32GB gives you more headroom.  Also check screen resolution (HD obviously better than standard def).

After weeks, I’ve found out how to log off in Safari on my iPad.

I normally use the iPad in portrait mode, but on turning the iPad 90 degrees, settings appear in the top right of the page, including the option to sign out.

9 hours ago, Rob.L said:

After weeks, I’ve found out how to log off in Safari on my iPad.

I normally use the iPad in portrait mode, but on turning the iPad 90 degrees, settings appear in the top right of the page, including the option to sign out.

Thanks Rob but I’ve tried this and it does not show the option to log off for me. However I turned the phone off, then cleared all safari data and this morning it appears to have logged out. If there is a way to ‘knowingly’ log off then I can’t find it. I am quite tech competent but this has the better of me. I know others have said just stay logged in but I don’t do this and change passwords now and then.

21 hours ago, Beekay said:

Talking of logging on/off etc.,slight change. Anybody know owt about Amazon Fire tablets? Thinking of getting one for 'er indoors, but know bugger all about them. Only had Android tabs.

Any advice greatly appreciated. B.

I had a kindle fire until about a year ago. For the money they are good value but I found it a bit of a pain. The on screen keyboard was awkward to use and difficult to type with accurately. I think your wife would find it difficult for emailing. It’s tied into Amazon apps, some you may want aren’t available as support for some I used were withdrawn. The screen and sound are good for videos but overall I would not recommend one and think an Android device is preferable. 
The fire os can be hacked to break the exclusive link to Amazon software centre and open it up to use Android apps. YouTube and google searches will tell you how to but it’s getting it’s getting geeky and you may ‘brick’ the tablet. I bought a cheap 2nd hand iPad mini from CEX and it’s far (far) better but more expensive. I’m not very familiar with Android but I think that would be a better budget option. 

16 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

Have you tried the 'Desktop Version' mode ?

I have tried everything CT. All views, all themes and I just give up. I’m logged out on the phone now and I really think there isn’t a log out option I can bring up. I rarely use the phone for the forum as the screens a bit small for me but I was on holiday so had to a few times (the filthy content blocking the available WiFi you may recall).

Thank you all for your informative advice.

Catfan, how much did you have to pay for the S7? . I'm gonna have look on 'T'internet and browse.

Beekay.

I don’t think either an iPad or Amazon tablet would be a satisfactory replacement for a dedicated ‘reader’ tablet. The screens are tailor made for books and importantly visible in bright light and really look like print on paper and a battery life of weeks not hours. I found a kindle ebook tablet for a tenner in a charity shop and I wouldn’t be without it now.

• Like 1