The site of Nottingham's Garage and KoolKat club.

Oliver Wheatcroft, Director of Perrymead Estates, gives a tour of the The Garage Studios, showcasing the building's famous history and the introduction of contemporary architecture to the site. Located at the site of the infamous Garage and KoolKat club in Nottingham, The Garage Studios has been reborn to host businesses of all shapes and sizes. Visit: www.thegaragestudios.co.uk

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to The site of Nottingham's Garage and KoolKat club.
  • 4 weeks later...

Last I heard people were dancing on tables, talking the courtyard area, this was over 10 years ago and another 26 in personal memory.

Way before my.time, was the Jimi gig down the Steep stairs? Holding a pint was tricky being over six foot.

After entering, can't recall a bar?

I think this was rougly 1982.

Toilets extreme left, one female, one male.

Recall music being played but no dance.area, access came from the main buildings fire escape 

Which at the time was called the Garage.

Anybody recall the acoustic sets? In between rooms, recall psychedelic furs.

I must've missed this video when it first appeared but it's interesting to see the musical history of the place. I don't think I ever went to The Garage for a gig, but I was definitely aware of it when it was operating.

Dont recall ever going to a gig there, a quirky place, upstairs 'dance' floor was odd, wooden box seats around the perimeter in almost total darkness.

The door policy was interesting, if you weren't dressed in black you didn't get in...??  However when looking at the people on the fire escape, a huge cross section!

Obviously got fussy when nearing capacity.

The Door's reference in the video is obviously complete hogwash. Was the Jimi gig down them steep steps?...

The Beachcomber was in this vicinity..which 

building?

Way before my time, but I'm guessing, gig wise, underground, access from the courtyard?

Orginally, the Garage covered both buildings, courtyard in latter-day was closed..

Never found an answer to this, I would love to know..

• 3 months later...

Further to my question, was the Beachcomber in the courtyard down the steep stairs? Regarding LIVE MUSIC?

My limited knowledge is about 1982, both at 90 degree angle downstairs, were a couple of single toilets..left

and a small bar to the right, which I never saw open.

This seems the most likely..venue?