Love to see the air displays, it takes some guts to display as they do. Well Done Display Team.

When we live at the coast Scampton was only a stones thow from us, On this day  my grandson was paying a visit he was about 7 years old. Well the Red Arrows were practicing low flying and came over the bungalow, I have never seen my gradson move so fast he just dived into the patio-doors quicker than a rat going up a drainpipe. Never have we let him forget it.

...... now a Short Skyvan from Brize Norton has just dropped six parachutists with smoke flares. I can smell the smoke!

I’m following it on Flight Radar on my iPad as well.

The Skyvan has landed to collect them.

There may be some Tornados later.

A Tornado came at 4.30 and put on the most amazing display of aerobatics. The noise was deafening! All quiet now apart from the tractor cutting the hay in our meadow and the JCB clearing the ditches in the next field. Oh to live in the tranquility of the countryside!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Did you not take any video Phil? Would loved to have seen some images. We regularly have Chinooks fly over us, at what is referred to as 'Contour Flying. You could almost pass them a cup of tea. Where they come from or where they go, nobody around here have any idea.

If I may add to the above air display report re tornado; my 1st encounter was at a display when the Tornado was still new and the finale was the Tornado. It flew along the display line fairly slowly, did a very tight turn away from the crowd (opposite the VIP enclosure naturally) lit everything up and shot vertically into the sky with flames out of the back and a chest-cavity-shaking thunder, felt even more than heard. A ripping booming, very satisfying in a primal way, awesome. The applause from the crowd was joined by appreciation from a thousand car alarms in the carpark.

The noise along with the now tiny image of the craft gradually faded and then was no more and so we wended our gob-smacked way home.

• Like 1