New British tennis star.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She has chosen to represent Britain and we should be thankful.  She's a brilliant talent.

Emma Raducanu and her parents have lived in the UK since she was 2 years old. That makes her British enough by my standards..

She has done exceptionally well and irrespective of her background should be looked on as a British success. We have painfully few successes in tennis and now we have a bright new talent all people ca

Posted Images

She has chosen to represent Britain and we should be thankful.  She's a brilliant talent.

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Virginia Wade raised in South Africa.............

Dint say where she were from, just saying not had a decent player since she won.

She has done exceptionally well and irrespective of her background should be looked on as a British success. We have painfully few successes in tennis and now we have a bright new talent all people can do is pull her apart. Talk about build people up just for the pleasure of pulling them down again.

• Like 5

Nobody's knocking her Woody, or trying to pull her to pieces. I think we're all pleased that she's doing so well and we're backing her all the way. We have to be careful this doesn't become a slanging match, (mountains and molehills etc). More power to the lass and I wish her all the luck in the world.

21 hours ago, Rob.L said:

She’s nearly as British as former British number one male player, Greg Rusedski.

Along with the great British distance runners Zola Bud...  Mohamed Muktar Jama Farah... footballer Owen Hargreaves... The list goes on... how about Bradley Wiggins? he's as British as they come but is actually Belgian!

If they want to play for us good on 'em I say.

33 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Who remembers Ilie Nastase?

I liked him when he was at his peak. He was a good, charismatic player.

In recent years he's turned into a foul-mouthed moron, and been banned from several places/organisations/tournaments for being a gobby idiot.

One bloke I loved to watch, especially in his later years, when he used to have fun....

That is Henri Le Cant, (excuse spelling).

Only just read that Emma Radacanu has won the Open. Well done lass !!! And she's only 18, so plenty of time to do it again. Congratulations Emma.

• Like 1

What a star Emma Raducanu is ……. and what a fantastic win.  Real edge of the seat stuff and only spoiled by the mardy Fernandez when Emma needed treatment to her bleeding shin.   
We thought we were having to subscribe to Prime Video to watch it but then found it on Ch4 and it was worth having a Saturday night in front of the box.  

• Like 3