telly adverts

Guest scooterboy

I wouldn't wish that rubbish on me worst enemy, let alone the good people of Nottstalgia Phil

Rog

• Like 1
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who wants to be identified as a smelly goat ? You must be kidding.

There will be those who identify as a goat, Lizzie.

...... and every household has one black parent.

The one with that talentless oaf Owen Wilson sprawling over a settee, and waffling absolute garbage !

Oh dear what is the world coming to? there has just been an advert on the tv for Nivea for men and some of the overpaid pre madonna's from the Liverpool football club,whoever they are,advertising a shaving kit for,,,,,,,,,,,,Chest Hair??????? what the heck is happening to this world, governments giving money away to lost causes, Britains got (no) talent programs on the telly and now men (and I use the term men with doubt)shaving their bloody chests, I'm pleased I have more years behind me than I've got in front of me,pass the gun mother

Rog

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Oh dear what is the world coming to? there has just been an advert on the tv for Nivea for men and some of the overpaid pre madonna's from the Liverpool football club,whoever they are,advertising a shaving kit for,,,,,,,,,,,,Chest Hair??????? what the heck is happening to this world, governments giving money away to lost causes, Britains got (no) talent programs on the telly and now men (and I use the term men with doubt)shaving their bloody chests, I'm pleased I have more years behind me than I've got in front of me,pass the gun mother

Rog

I thought only ladies shaved their chest hair. :biggrin:

• Like 1

I always thought the same Phil,perhaps these football players are showing their feminine side,they'll be playing in rainbow coloured shirts next

Rog

Aye, bring back muddy pitches,wooden nogs and thunder tackles from behind, 

Coats for goalposts, and best of all coad water sponge in the jock strap, 

Bite ya legs norman hunter,nobby stiles,dave mackay,

Give the goalie a good shoulder charge, eeh them were days. Lol,

• Like 1

Yes rog, plus no spitting,crying,or arguing with the ref, kicked lumps out of each other,and shook hands after,

No fairies played for Park tavern or bestwood old boys, well ok perhaps the odd one, lol

• Like 1
2 hours ago, plantfit said:

I always thought the same Phil,perhaps these football players are showing their feminine side,they'll be playing in rainbow coloured shirts next

Rog

Or a dress!  :shout:

• Like 2

Fair enough these 'Prima-donna' footballers earning millions on advertising let alone playing are fit men and a lot faster than the lads i played with for 'Park Tavern' in early 70s but we were better to watch on the muddy pitches in the rain and snow, i'll name names and if any of those still with us read this i know they'll laugh and agree,cos they'll know its all 'tong in cheek',

Kenny Gray,great goalie,could have played for anybody, if he came off his line more often'

Kenny Howe,great centre half and header of the ball, pity he could'nt kick it,

Calvin and Kelly, brilliant ball players......but both always had eyes like dinner plates....and often did'nt show up

Big Bob.......terrific centre forward when not on ''her Majesty's pleasure''

Little Ray, had trials with Forest,but lots of woman troubles,finally fled to Yorkshire,

Louie Allcock,one of my best friends

all his life, sadly now gone,absolute genius with the ball, also offered trials at Forest and Notts, but could'nt be arsed.,

Harry Fewkes, another true friend sadly now gone,.....great right back, no good anywhere else.....sorry Harry still loved ya

Ronnie Humphries, top inside forward in his hay-day.....sadly tried being a goalkeeper when older, at only 5ft 2in, it was never going to happen, going to his funeral next week,lovely man.

Nev Olpin, little Nev known him all my life and played for years and years with him, another short chap very quick right winger, became a referee and a good one'

The things we all had in common were,.........liked a Fag (most of em anyway)at half time, and sometimes while someone down with an injury, a good drink after a game, some even before, never trained and had no tactics,.......but loved the game, sometimes won as well..............it was a ''lovely game''

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

No doubt played in the true spirit of the game Ben,all those guy's you mentioned no doubt had full time jobs and families to keep as well,but always found time to play "The Beautiful Game" and enjoyed it for what it was "A Game"

Rog

• Like 1

Yes rog,all hardworkibg lads,many down the Pit or lorry drivers,we had a committee, chaired by the lovely manager Charlie Harris who lived on Arnside road,Sunday nights we would convene in the Gentleman only room at the tavern, where we would all blame each other for our latest defeat,our ladies all went in the bar,dressed in their finest trouser suits, yes we used to dress proper back then,lol,  John Travalta suits with medalions and bracelets, always ready to dance,even in the tavern,

Great days,

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Is it just me being a miserable old sod ,but some of the ads,especially the one for the card machine with all the oooooing makes me turn the telly off and miss the rest of what I have been watching,mind you the programmes are such drivel that we don,t bother switching it on most nights

• Like 1

Me neither.

I’m older than most on here and thought it was just me!  When commercial TV started I remember my favourite ad was ‘the Esso sign  means happy motoring’ sung by various faces inside an oval sign

• Like 1

Just goes to show, you're not on your own. There's lots of us think the same way as you. At one time, the ads were better than the programs, but not any more. Now they're just plain stupid and make no sense whatsoever. And what's with the rap music on a lot of them, can't understand a bloody word and no idea what they're selling.

• Like 1

Is it nowadays, the "PC" thing? Make sure you get a bit of everything included. Don't want to upset the L.G.B.T.Blm.NCB.Co-op or any other group that's springing up.

Even the advert with the white dog singing the Queen song 'Flash has now got a black guy cleaning the kitchen.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2