telly adverts

Guest scooterboy

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who wants to be identified as a smelly goat ? You must be kidding.

There will be those who identify as a goat, Lizzie.

...... and every household has one black parent.

5 hours ago, catfan said:

Every TV soap has the requisite Asian shopkeeper & the resident homosexual couple too.

Since when did the soaps mirror real life?

4 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I suppose that reflects city life but mixed marriages only represent a small portion of the population and are not the norm as TV adverts would lead us to believe. Personally I don't know any Asians nor homosexuals. Must be the circles I move in. :biggrin:

It must be a nightmare to be all inclusive when ad agencies are working on a campaign. To try and present a cross section of the British Population in 30 seconds is one hell of an undertaking

7 hours ago, Beekay said:

Is it nowadays, the "PC" thing? Make sure you get a bit of everything included. Don't want to upset the L.G.B.T.Blm.NCB.Co-op or any other group that's springing up.

Even the advert with the white dog singing the Queen song 'Flash has now got a black guy cleaning the kitchen.  :rolleyes:

The next ad is rumoured to employ a three legged dog.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mess said:

The next ad is rumoured to employ a three legged dog.

Yes all inclusive here too. We have an ad on TV here for dog heartworm tablets etc. that has a disabled dog. He is a quite cute Dachshund with two wheels in support of his rear legs.

I find the ad of the singing baby quite creepy. The roller skating tortoise is my favourite at the moment advertising a train company I think. Think the best one was the drumming gorilla, loved that ad. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

There’s an advert on TV recently of two soppy looking policemen sitting in a police car eating ‘Horibos’ and talking about them in squeaky childlike voices.  Apart from the daftness of the advert surely it’s not acceptable to hear those voices when nitrous oxide (laughing gas) is supposedly banned. 
Incidentally a couple of years ago I saw a box full of those little canisters dumped in the gutter on Mansfield Road just above Victoria Centre. 

• Like 1

If they want to deter people from using nitrous oxide, I recommend a course of dental treatment with Ronald (The Butcher) Acton who practised (torturing his patients) on Gregory Boulevard when I was a child. The big, black chair, the black mask and the 'laughing gas'. No joke, I can vouch for that!

• Like 1

I remember from my earliest days that you could use helium to get the squeaky voice effect.

Sometimes balloons were inflated using helium, so you'd slightly release the knot in the balloon to let the helium out slowly, whilst breathing in what was being released. Instant amusement for a few seconds.

One advert that I can't stand is for a holiday there's a boy with his sister having an ice cream cone, and she drops her ice cream. the boy pulls a smug face sticks his tongue out out and licks his ice cream. The advert is On The Beach holidays, 

• Like 1

One advert i do like is when the AA calls at a breakdown and when the AA wagon drives off the little girl is sitting singing  "Rolling Rolling on a River"

Mary I totally agree with you about the holiday advert with the ice cream, v annoying. We always have to mute the “daisy, daisy, daisy” perfume one too!

We’re having a short break in Northumberland, back tomorrow. Have never seen as many birds as there are up here, wonderful.

• Like 1