The Big Notts Survey 2021

Have any Nottstalgians had a look at or filled out this survey, if so what did you think of it?

The link is here for anyone that is interested in having a look or contributing to it.

The Big Notts Survey 2021 - Nottinghamshire County Council - Citizen Space

Although I don't live in Notts, it was my home county and out of curiosity I had a look through it and to be quite honest I thought straight away a typical government survey. Not asking questions that it did not want to hear any answers to.

Initially a lot of waffle about the impact of Covid and positive factors related to Covid. Then challenges and opportunities related to post Covid. 

A section on individual and family aspirations which is fine. The first part of section 3 is about ambitions for your local area and starts with questions about your local area, (a 15-20 walk from your home), then Nottinghamshire as a whole. Finishing off with the usual demographics about you. 

Reading comments on this site and others I can't help but think that there was so much more that could/should have been covered instead of the guff about covid.

• Like 1

Just done it but I think my answers don't make any impact at all to the present situation . They should have been asking how we were treated by hospitals, doctors surgeries and dentists. How were were treated when wanting refunds for situations out of our control and naming names !

Which shops and supermarkets looked after us best and which broke most government rules etc etc

• Like 1

Just seen questionaire  Can' t help myself i had to fill it in. It was good of the counci to ask us what we thought but It goes on about equal opps, what do they mean? what age are you? what is your ethnic status, what job do you have ect.ect Thisis not equal opps to me. In fact since the world was created have we improved at all ?? yes we don't have small boys going up chimmneys but we have though no fault of there own homlessnes, people dependent on drugs, people leaving there own county because they think they could be killed, people who own vast amonts of land, racism, countries who won't accept women as equals eg arranged marriage, I could go on and on  just add a little more, education Private or other why should some one be privalleged and some not?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mary, That’s such a good account of the state of the world…. 
I wonder how Notts would compare with all other areas in the UK on the question of equality.  

• Like 1