• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For "Our Ben"   They seek him here, they seek him there His clothes are loud, but never square It will make or break him so he's got to buy the best 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of

You've inspired me, Oz.   One of my parents' favourite songs was Dancing in the Dark (Fred Astaire). As it was a foxtrot, it was also one of their favourite dances.   I've adapted

Dance Duck? these are my charity shop shoes.....how could you turn me down......... 

Ian...........yes and yes

CT.........No they dont light up

BK............Used to be at White hart lane......

Phil......No they arent

Jill.......No Jill...very comfy........

• Like 1

I know Kath...i'd be wearing em down Locarno tuesday night if it still existed.......

Dance Duck?

Oh yes please..love the 'Winkles''

Want a coke?

goo on then.......

How about a Parkie..up on the Balcony?

Anyway..whats yer name and where ja live?

Jackie.....up Canning Circus........

Walk you home?

No..me boyfriend Sam's meeting me outside and he gets 'Dead Jealous...

OK ..don;t want to fight tonight.....might ruin me 'Winkles''

See ya next Tuesday? i'll put some different 'Treads' on....Just in case Sam shows up

We''ll slip out the back 'Jack'..........While Sam makes a new plan.......He can hop on the bus and forget about us... He'll put the blame on me,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes:

Carnie..Margie............

• Like 2

Locarno

Must have missed you Ben, Tues night at Locarno it used to cost 1/3 coke tanner 6d  and i think it shut at 9 30. 

Girls you mention the net under skirts, in between mini's and pencil skirts, under skirts were made of paper nylon then net was used as full short skirts were in fashion , it took about3yds of net to make an under skirt. the skirt was made in 6inch layer's when joined on to the next layer it was gathed. So the more gather's the fuller the skirt.

( Locarno )    Old Vic

This man who was on the balcony in the old vic was thowing peanuts at a lady who was below, trying very hard to get one down her cleavage. 

Who was that man?

The couple married in 1936 and were together for 60+ years.  

No it was not the Lone Ranger 

It was my dad. 

• Like 4

Loved the atmosphere in Bars like this............

Piano music

A drink

A smoke

A little Dance

Just one more time would be lovely.............

OK can't smoke or drink.....but would manage a little Dance.......:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

So dancing is obviously good for longevity.

Didn't do much good for Nureyev though...

Remember Dancing in a club in Wolverhampton..near Wolves football ground 'Molyneaux'' (sp) to this early 70s...Memorable night...went for my first 'Massage and Sauna..same night.....also a girl who reckoned she was a 'Witch' put a spell on me......told me beware of ''Fire and Water''

:ohmy:

• Like 1

Interesting snippet on Breakfast TV this morning about the deaf contestant in Strictly come dancing.

So, if he were a Nottingham person how would he use sign language to ask for a dance? How would he sign "Dance Duck"? Mind you he looks of Italian stock and as we know 'everyone' in Italy talks with their hands. iknow

Talking of the Palais, Locarno and Victoria. A tribute to those Nottstalgians who...If the cap fits, wear it !

• Like 4