• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For "Our Ben"   They seek him here, they seek him there His clothes are loud, but never square It will make or break him so he's got to buy the best 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of

You've inspired me, Oz.   One of my parents' favourite songs was Dancing in the Dark (Fred Astaire). As it was a foxtrot, it was also one of their favourite dances.   I've adapted

Dance Duck? these are my charity shop shoes.....how could you turn me down......... 

Yes I did.  I liked the guard doing the floss at the end.  Btw I can do that - granddaughter taught me!)

• Like 1

Ey-up Flower..........time for a bit of 'Northern Soul''

Only ever did this in 'Wigan''........they love it up there.........

• Like 1

Magic track and brilliant bit of video.

Note to self ......... make your way to Rugby Soul Club.

Loved it benjamin1945 my time was at The Wheel and The Mojo

• Like 1

Can't remember the name of the place in Wigan siddha.....it was near 'Mesnes Park''....in the late 90s.......great people up there........

Sad day for Dance lovers.. Lionel Blair gone to the great 'Dance Hall'' in the sky...........seemed a lovely man..........RIP Lionel......

• Like 1

Brings back memories of childhood. My father used to sing They Can't Take That Away From Me! Also, Come Fly With Me! I had that played at the close of his funeral. Frankie, of course. We went in to A String of Pearls, Glenn Miller. 

I conducted his funeral myself and danced out of the crematorium at the end. I suppose some people would take a dim view but dad would love it, so that's all that matters!:rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I’ve just read a Facebook post that said the following…

‘Dancing is a vertical movement to music with the intention of a horizontal movement’

Do you agree?  That was never my intention when I was dancing- perhaps it applies more to the male gender?  Ben?

I agree.with you Margie   ..despite what some may think......

Mind you the evening did sometimes end with a surprise...:rolleyes:

When i was 15 or 16 used to travel (a few times) with a group of mates all from Bestwood estate..to Beeston.. taking two buses...to Beeston Lads club on Station road......for their Saturday night dance.......One of the lads Richard'' was very shy ... an original 'Wallflower''and had never kissed a girl or even danced.....

We as a group decided we'd change that for him.....there was a dance they always did at the 'Lads club'' called ''Black-out Arches''  the boys made a big circle and faced each other making an arch which as the music played the girls walked under..........when the music stopped and the lights went out you kissed the nearest girl under the 'Arches'...(if you forgive the expression).....and we made Richard join in..........the rest as they say is History.......they courted and a few years later married.........last saw them about 20 years ago.......still Married......:Shock:

• Like 1

Was gonna do this dance....but 'Ingrower' playing up again.....even got me '70s Trilby on ready to give it some...............

• Like 1