• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For "Our Ben"   They seek him here, they seek him there His clothes are loud, but never square It will make or break him so he's got to buy the best 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of

You've inspired me, Oz.   One of my parents' favourite songs was Dancing in the Dark (Fred Astaire). As it was a foxtrot, it was also one of their favourite dances.   I've adapted

Dance Duck? these are my charity shop shoes.....how could you turn me down......... 

Ah this takes me back......remember Dad singing this while Mam and her sisters had a Dance.......

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Edd Brynes was certainly a ''Cool Kookie''.......this is his best ever scene......

Love to copy him....but got no Comb or Hair........looks wouldnt matter....:crazy:

Full Screen a must..............

Must be getting old, Ben used to have a picture of Kookie Edd Baynes on my bedroom wall

Remember    77 Sunset Strip    

OH!!!! and don't forget "Fabin"     Noth to Alaska

• Like 1

Fat ?...........so what............

Knew a girl in Norwich (Samson and Deliah's) like this.........best Dancer in the place..on a wednesday night.....:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit Good these two.......

If you see em on the ''Palais Bali hi'' give them some room.....and remember not to do an ''Excuse Me''

Excellent on 'Full Screen''

• 2 weeks later...

Used to love Broad Marsh........must buy a New 'Trilby''.......breakfast in the ''Wimpey''....or was it 'Wimpy''?

Go Sven.......

• 1 month later...

Not really a Dance.......more of a ''Strutt''........but i love this.....

GO GIRLS  !!!

Time to give it some ''Black Bottom'''.............love the ladies fashion...best ever.......

Full screen a ''must''

The 'Black Bottom'' i would doubt ever made it to Nottingham.........it began like lots of music and dance over in the states with ''African/Americans'' in the 20s......

However another Dance that certainly made it to Nottingham from the states was the ''Jitterbug''......Remember me Mam and all her sisters giving it some in the late 40s and early 50s......The Whites in America were doing something called the ''Lindy-hop''......the Africans laughed at this and said They look as if they've got the ''Jitters'' with a bug...........

Remember Mam saying '''come on lets do the ''Jitterbug''.......to me when i was about 15 at her company's do at the ''Coop Elizabethan rooms''

I can’t dance to save my life. Totally uncoordinated me. We did have a 6th form dancing society at Mellish with our sister school, Brincliffe. After I’d trodden over a poor girl’s toes the dancing mistress took me in hand (not literally!) and gave me a personalised lesson. I didn’t return the following week. My next attempt (at dancing) was with my fiancé at a dance school over Burtons Tailors in Newark. All the attendees apart from us seemed to be big clomping farming lads and lasses. We went from the waltz to the cha cha in one evening. Fortunately there was a bar  I could retire to. Dancing’s never been my thing!

• Like 1

My father claimed to have danced with Bette Davis somewhere out in the tropics during WW2. She was his favourite actress and every time one of her films was shown on tv, he'd tell us how he danced with her.  I asked him if that was the reason why she walked with a limp.  Actually, my father was a very good dancer. I suppose, thinking about it, he could well have met her during one of her visits to the troops.

• Like 1