Sunday lunches. Mum always did a roast Sunday lunch but although it was delicious she wasnt a great cook. Her attitude with food was to “ bang it in the oven”. So consequently when I married I really didn’t know very much about cooking. When I had my daughter my mother in law came to stay  with us and I was embarrassed to cook but she took over and I learnt a lot from her. Living in Italy my cooking tends to be more Italian but sometimes I crave for steak and kidney pie ( without the kidneys ! )

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RR you should try being married to a veggie. Mrs C won't make me a bacon sandwic

Wrong! 

Just finished sorting this evenings dinner. Two Vegan, one vegetarian and two omnivores(guess which I am?) and all meals taken on the hoof at different times. I started thinking about Sunday dinn

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Steak and mushroom Nonna, or perhaps steak and ale.  B.

Those to Barrie. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2022 at 3:28 AM, MargieH said:

Garden Centres and pubs which do a carvery are often often very good

I see that not one pub in Nottinghamshire gained a gong in the 14th Estrella Damm Top 50 Gastropubs awards. Neither did any in Lincolnshire. There were two in Derbyshire. Lancashire did the best with 2 out of the top three. Third was the Freemasons at Wiswell and the winner was Parkers Arms in Newton in Bowland. DJ360 should be happy.