Looking for Dorothy Ward - worked at Boots 1960s

Hello, I am looking for somebody called Dorothy Joyce Ward. She worked at Boots Offices at Nottingham in the 60s as an office clerk. She would have been in her early 20s. She was born 30/04/1942. 
 I realise this is a long shot but stranger things have happened! Could anybody possibly help that have or have relatives that worked there or may know her. 

thank you for your time. 

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Looking for Dorothy Ward - worked at Boots 1960s

I don’t know. I know that Ward was her name in 1967 but I don’t know if that is her maiden or married name. 

I may know more soon as I am searching through records etc. The only definite information I have now is as posted above and that she lived in the Nottingham area. Have possible links to Mapperley area 

thank you for replying 

If it was her maiden name , there was a birth in 2nd qtr of 1942 for a Dorothy J Ward with mothers maiden name of "Thrall". This fits the date given above.

These are some of the births in Nottm area for surname Ward with mothers maiden name Thrall , who may or may not be siblings ?

May jog a memory for a future researcher ?

Births Sep 1933   
Ward  - Pauline S .   Thrall    

Basford     7b    376      

Births Dec 1935   
Ward   -  Douglas B     Thrall     Nottingham     7b    463      

Births Sep 1937   
Ward   - Terence     Thrall     Nottingham     7b    398      

Births Sep 1940   
Ward   - June     Thrall     Nottingham     7b    587

Births Jun 1942   

Ward   -  Dorothy J     Thrall     Nottingham     7b    503

Births Dec 1944   
Ward   -  Audrey     Thrall     Nottingham     7b    520      

Births Jun 1947   
Ward   -  John A     Thrall     Nottingham     3c    526

There was a marriage in Nottm in 1930 for a John W.A. Ward to a Lily Thrall. Her parents ?

Parents of above could be on the 1939 Register .

John W.A.Ward born 10th Oct 1900 and Lily Ward (nee Thrall ?) born 6th July 1909 were living at 2 Peel Villas near Querneby Rd , Mapperley. There were 2 other unnamed occupants.

Lily appears to have had a late second marriage to a Mr Bradley .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

Sending a PM will often trigger an email if the person hasn't changed their email address. It's worked for me on several occasions. It will then alert them to look at the NS messages. Worth a try.

Hello!

I wrote on here 2 years ago as you can see and checked back regularly but didn’t get anywhere. Sue found me on Facebook and made contact this week after finding this thread by looking up other family members online :)

Dorothy would have been my biological grandma. My mum and sue share her as a biological mother; my mum was adopted in the sixties. 

My mum and I have never met anybody biologically related to us so this is very exciting and I’m looking forward to meeting my real life auntie :) 

By total coincidence my mum and I did dna tests last week to go down the ancestry/dna route to track potential family members, and will hopefully find some on the paternal side as that remains a mystery as of yet. 

thank you for your interest x 

• Like 4
16 hours ago, LaurenLapinski said:

Sue found me on Facebook and made contact this week after finding this thread by looking up other family members online :)

I wonder if that's the result of opening up NS to Google or just coincidence.

Welcome to Nottstalgia Sue Snow. Hope you find many items of interest and folks to converse with. Nice to hear youv'e had a result and things are looking good. This site is how I found my cousin, who I had not seen for 62 years.

58 minutes ago, Brew said:

I wonder if that's the result of opening up NS to Google or just coincidence.

Almost certainly the result of opening up a few weeks ago. 

Whatever Sue Snow was using as her search words (eg. Dorothy Ward, Boots), in the past Google would not have looked at Nottstalgia to see if those words appeared anywhere.

As a test, I just searched Dorothy Ward Nottingham, and a link to Nottstalgia was the fifth result in the list.

• Like 1