Not Been Around Much.

As I've been very ill, as some of the members know.

I have Lyme Disease, a debilitating disease caused by a tick bite. The disease is a bacterial/parasite based one, easy to get but bloody hard to get rid of and very painful!!

Problem with Lyme is, it's so hard to diagnose as each patient has different symptoms, the majority of Doctors misdiagnose it and the treatment they dish out doesn't always work.

I chose my own route after reading the horror stories patience had with their Doctors, I chose a natural method which is working, I am getting better. Salt/C regimen.

1g of salt and 1000mg of vitamin C every hour for 12 hours. The salt raises the bodies salt level to make it inhospitabal to the parasite and C for killing the bacteria.

I can now walk again, my legs and knees are getting stronger, though still stiff and some pain. BUT a big improvement on four weeks back where I could hardly stand and was in agony.

So where is Lyme found??? Virtually every continent on earth!!!

Symptoms vary, mine started with swollen hands, and sore wrists, I thought it was normal aging!! Progressed to sore tendons in my upper arms to sore shoulders, thought I'd the onset to arthritis. Then I had very swollen knees and could hardly stand on them, thought this was due to an old pit injury so shrugged it off. All these at seperate times over the last few years.

Then about eight weeks back, all the above came on me in one fowl swoop!

Thats when I knew I was ill with something!

So don't be as complacent as I was, make sure, especially if your into camping, fishing or just the great outdoors, that any aches and pains are other than just plain aging! You may have been bitten by a tick!!

These are the critters causing me so much pain..

Lyme

As I've been very ill, as some of the members know..........

Sorry to read of your illness, Ayup....

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery..

Rather wondered where you had 'got to'!

Take Care

Cheers

Robt P.

As I've been very ill, as some of the members know..........

Sorry to read of your illness, Ayup....

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery..

Rather wondered where you had 'got to'!

Take Care

Cheers

Robt P.

Thanks Rob, one thing about this disease, I like to get the word out how easy it is to contract and how nasty it is. I've found out the last few days that mosquitos also transmit it.

john mate you dont deserve that after the years i have known you, love, keep well duck got your email and will change what you asked me to no worry, keep your chin up john, chrissie

Thanks Chris much appreciated. I'm fighting it and I'm determined to overcome it, whether or not it's possible to be 100% cured I don't know, but I'm determined never to go through this again!

John,

My missus had a very similar ailment about 15 years ago.

It was a disease called Ross River virus and was transmitted by mossies.

After an intense course of I don't know what from the GP after a couple of months she became free of it and it hasn't returned.

I hope yours clears succesfully soon.

Baz :ph34r:

John,

My missus had a very similar ailment about 15 years ago.

It was a disease called Ross River virus and was transmitted by mossies.

After an intense course of I don't know what from the GP after a couple of months she became free of it and it hasn't returned.

I hope yours clears succesfully soon.

Baz :ph34r:

Not the same one Bazz, I recall the one your on about from my ten years down under.

I am on the mend, doubt I would be if I'd gone to a Doctor though!! I'm on a high salt/vitamin C regimin, the salt is to kill the parasites and the C for my immune system.

Each day I am feeling a little better, so the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.

Just to let you all know, each day brings a little more relief from this nasty disease.

My hands are improving to the point that swelling in the fingers is minimal now. As soon as the tendon swelling is gone I should have full use of them again.

NEVER be complacent during the tick season either, the UK has the ticks and the disease ready to pounce on those who say it will never happen to them!!!

Use insect repellant at all times when in the great outdoors.

Good to hear things are getting better on a daily basis.

Oh, by the way, we have spoken to each other on the airwaves. ;)

March 10th 2001 for 36 minutes, 10 metres.

Sorry, no more clues. smile2smile2

Dah di Dah

Thanks Ofive.

All my contacts when I was on HF are on bits of paper somewhere, so you'll just have to enlighten me. That was the time I used to have daily scheds with Dave, Fred and a couple of other fellers on 10, or 15 metres.

wot dat...cb radio ?

Wash yer mouth out with carbolic Edwin.. My transceiver cost me

3000bucks, a wee bit more than a cretin band radio..

The reason I broached the subject of our contact on the airwaves, was because I think it’s quite ironic the way we have met up again. First on Amateur Radio, then on this forum.

I read on another thread on this forum, that you also lived on Kings Lynn Tce off Turner Street. I lived there from 1964 till 1968. We were saving up hard to buy our own house.

We moved to Bingham in late1968.

Then moved back up to Teesside in 1975 to take up a job at ICI.

The only reason I can recall our contact on the air, is because we have to keep a log by law. I got your call sign off another site, and put 2 and 2 together.

I won’t give my call sign out, for reasons I’m sure you will understand.

!englandflag!

The reason I broached the subject of our contact on the airwaves, was because I think it’s quite ironic the way we have met up again. First on Amateur Radio, then on this forum.

I read on another thread on this forum, that you also lived on Kings Lynn Tce off Turner Street. I lived there from 1964 till 1968. We were saving up hard to buy our own house.

We moved to Bingham in late1968.

Then moved back up to Teesside in 1975 to take up a job at ICI.

The only reason I can recall our contact on the air, is because we have to keep a log by law. I got your call sign off another site, and put 2 and 2 together.

I won’t give my call sign out, for reasons I’m sure you will understand.

!englandflag!

Now there's another coincidennt Q5!! I too moved to Cleveland to work at the Boulby Potash mine, owned mostly by ICI in 1975!!

When you lived in Kings Lynn Terrace, I was in the Meadows, off Briar Street.

PM your call sign to me.

wot dat...cb radio ?

No Edwin Good Bud, CB thats 27 metres, is that a four.

Don't you mean it was the old 11 metre ham band Mick?? 27 mhz.. ;)