Wilford Suspension Bridge

May I ask if anyone has any family/work history associations with the original Wilford Suspension Bridge that was built in 1906?
I have a cross section of cable from the original Wilford Suspension Bridge across the River Trent, built in 1906.
It was inscribed and presented to Alderman John Jelly J.P in 1906 by F.W. Davies, Water Engineer.
It would be interesting to know if anyone else has a similar item, after much research I have not found anything remotely similar.
Mr Jelley was on the board of the Derwent Valley Water Board in 1899, so maybe it was a one-off in recognition to his work in the water industry.
Alderman Jelley died in April 1914, aged 73, and the instructions of his will led to the creation of the John & Eliza Homes, a charity still operating today in Nottingham.
I have photos but unfortunately they can't be posted on this forum due to their size.

Photos can be posted here but you need to use one of the online Image Hosting Sites (eg. Photobucket; Postimage; Imgur). Some are free, but some want your money.

The image attachment feature which is built into the Nottstalgia software is useless and pointless. I don't understand why the software people still leave it in place.

Ah yes. Harmonic motion. I remember being taught about this in physics. We were told that was the reason troops had to break step when they marched across a suspension bridge or it might start swaying. I’m most impressed that a bunch of lads could get the suspension bridge swinging. I must round up a bunch of oap’s!

It belongs to ST and there is no actual right of way across it. The primary purpose of building it was to carry a water main across the Trent

Pardon my ignorance,  but is this the same suspension bridge just upstream from Trent Bridge? If so, I have jumped off that when I was about 13.

As Becket boys, we crossed the suspension bridge daily, to and from school.  One day on our way home, a lad in my form was being taunted by others on the bridge and went to kick one of them.  He missed and his shoe flew off and into the Trent.  Luckily we had PE that day so he went home wearing one shoe and one plimsoll.