I belive that Hucknall miners welfare closed because the roof caved in.  There was a room that they used to be called  The Welbeck suite.   This room was used for parties/Wedding ect.   i think I am right with this post if not I'm sure some member correct me.

I went to Bestwood Miners, Hucknall Miners and 'Creepers' (Basford Hall) in the 60's  Also occasionally to Gedling Miner's.. where we did our first Disco 'Gig'.

We also used to go to the splendidly named 'Langley Mill and Aldercar Working Men's Club and Institute..Ltd.', after the Lark's Nest, Nuthall, the Highland Laddie Kimberly, and before the Three Horse Shoes Ilkeston followed by Ilkeston Bowl...

Our Saturday Nights were pretty static...... :laugh:

I remember about 1976/7 Slade appeared at Hucknall Miners Welfare. My goodness they were LOUD. I didn’t go but was living on Annesley Road the far side of Wighay Bridge, probably 2 miles from the welfare and could hear them. 

• Like 1

I went and also worked in working mens clubs a lot in the 60s.............and can.. despite some rough characters frequenting them honestly say never saw one bit of trouble........

Except in Coalville ''West end club'' in 64............where the fighting seemed to start every friday night at 10pm............lol

Acts like the 'Grumbleweeds' were common in the clubs back in the 60s......

Both me Grandads finished their time on the Railway as '''Wheel Tappers'' and ''Shunters''

21 minutes ago, Brew said:

Ask a regular of Calverton Miners in the early 70's...   ;)

I was a regular there in the early 70s. Well, if every Thursday evening when they had a disco counts as regular. Didn’t see that much female flesh on show.

C-T
Looks like that place was open in 2008 as the New Station Road Club, but dilapidated in 2012 (Google street view old views)

Might have been replaced by the Crossing Social club just down the road towards the Crossing.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.9660861,-1.0790356,3a,75y,124.54h,88.84t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1somnhXbANLiJmldUptSdxww!2e0!5s20080801T000000!7i13312!8i6656

(Drat, messed up the edit,)

Looks like that place was open in 2008 as the New Station Road Club, but dilapidated in 2012 (Google street view old views)

Might have been replaced by the Crossing Social Club (LMRCA) just down the road towards the Crossing which seems to have appeared as a new build 2015 / 16 or is that the replacement for the old one at the Retail park?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.9660861,-1.0790356,3a,75y,124.54h,88.84t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1somnhXbANLiJmldUptSdxww!2e0!5s20080801T000000!7i13312!8i6656