Hello I've recently found an old photograph of my mums showing teaching and auxiliary staff for Greencroft junior school possibly 1955. I also want to add text and find the relevant site to send it. Can you assist. It says the file is too large.

Not that I'm knowledgeable regarding imaging transfers (uploading) to N from a PC so why has N not been adapted to a better user friendly method of uploading images?

If not, how would you use one of the free imaging sites to upload from your PC to N as it seem rather a complex operation

The useless, non-user-friendly image system built into Nottstalgia is something which comes with the software package which runs the whole site. No-one here has any control over it, or any knowledge of why it is still included. The only person who has any contact with the software people very rarely visits the site.

Using the free hosting sites is pretty easy. You load your photo into your account; then you click on a reference number which is generated by your account; then you copy that number into your post on NS.

34 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

The useless, non-user-friendly image system built into Nottstalgia is something which comes with the software package which runs the whole site. No-one here has any control over it, or any knowledge of why it is still included. The only person who has any contact with the software people very rarely visits the site.

Using the free hosting sites is pretty easy. You load your photo into your account; then you click on a reference number which is generated by your account; then you copy that number into your post on NS.

Thanks, CT. I will use your example next time I need to upload an image.

• 3 months later...

I’ve just tried to add a photo to my profile from my library on my iPad and it says the file is too big. Any suggestions?

If it's too big you need to reduce the file size.

Depends on exactly what technology you're using (or understand). Open the photo you want to use, and there should be something in one of the menus which tells you the size of the image.

Thanks to radfordred, it doesn’t quite fit in the circle but at least it’s there now!

Mrs B

My husband sorted it (as usual!) Now in the circle whoop whoop

• Upvote 1