Around twenty five years ago, a relation bought us a bottle of Champagne to celebrate our wedding anniversary (which is being celebrated at 55yrs today). We never got around to drinking it. It has been at the back of the wardrobe all of these years. I have looked it up on the internet and it is not a megga expensive bottle, (It's the thought that counts).It is, Lanson, Black Label Brut. What does the team think. Will it still be any good?

• Like 1

Happy anniversary Carni - you must have married at a very young age :biggrin:

Re the champagne - it won't improve by keeping it any longer, in fact it has likely gone well past it's best. 

I suggest that you open it. Hopefully it will be good. Enjoy it, then save the bottle. :congrats:

• Like 1

Congratulations @carnix get it popped you can always chuck it, on my round I’ve been given ridiculous amounts of fizz & plonk, some looks quite expensive, from some of the biggest houses in Wollaton, we don’t drink it only spoil me chips, gave the best looking bottle to my lady boss who is also a looker, the rest gets attached to mates wife’s Birthday cards.

• Like 1

Congratulations on what is your Emerald Anniversary, I believe, Carni. Are you sporting a large emerald ring this morning? Has hubby been splashing out?

I have an emerald ring but I never wear it. I'm not keen on green and I'm not a jewellery person.

Enjoy your day and I hope your weather is better than what's going on here!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

Happy anniversary Carni - you must have married at a very young age :biggrin:

Oh yes PP, not quite nnnnn nineteen. Anyway, moving onslywink

We still haven't opened it.

Seeing as I went T Total about 17yrs ago, it doesn't tempt me, but Hubbs might give it a go.

Nice bottle though, it will look very fetching with a long stemmed flower stuck in it.

Thanks for all the replies Folks.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, carni said:

I have looked it up on the internet and it is not a megga expensive bottle, (It's the thought that counts).It is, Lanson, Black Label Brut. What does the team think. Will it still be any good?

Bring it to the next Meet-up and we can give a collective opinion :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Nottstalgians. I am making my first post since Boxing Day. To explain why I just dropped out without saying why! Three hours after my last post I was taken by ambulance to hospital with the most awful pancreatic attack. I was in there for ten days and came home on the 5th Jan. I have to have an op, gall bladder removal as soon as an anaesthetic is sorted for me. I am still not well but going in the right direction. I will return to the fold but still weak just now. 

I wish you all a belated Happy New Year and I will be back.........just not yet.xx:biggrin:

• Like 9

Nice to see you back carni, and it sounds as though you've had a bit of a tough time.

You seem to have more medical problems than everyone else added together, but you've always managed to come through and keep going, so I'm sure you'll demonstrate your survival skills again.

You'll still be posting here when all the others have faded away :)

• Like 4

Miss you Carni.................when will i see you again....when will we share precious songs ?......go gel  x

So sorry to hear of your latest setback Carni, it must have been such a worry for Chris and your tribe.  Hope the experts get you in and sorted out soon. We all look forward to seeing you bouncing back into Nottstalgia soon.  x

• Like 1