Carni so sorry to hear your problems, poor you they keep coming back to ruin your days. Hope you get sorted out very soon as you have to wait it can be very worrying. But keep your chin up and youll soon be joining in again with this bunch. :bighug:

Sorry to hear that Carni .

Our youngest son was in hospital for the week before Christmas with similar pains . 

He was entirely doubled up with pain and had numerous blood tests and scans to find the cause whilst in there.

He'd had a few similar episodes before and doctors put it down to an intolerance to spicy foods.

After his last bad episode ,the hospital thought the gall bladder was his problem too.

He had to go back after Christmas for another MRI scan and is still waiting for the result of that from his GP. 

He's now cut down on fatty , stodgy food and he says he's had no re-occurrence but he was warned gall bladder removal was a possibility.

David W. I am sorry to read of your sons pain, his symptoms sound similar so I feel very sorry for him as I have never known pain like it. It does sound like the same sort of investigations as I had. They say that Alcohol and Fats are the worse things for Pancreatitis, I am Teetotal so the diet must be my down fall.  I don't really eat as many cakes as I let on. Honestly! 

I hope he gets on ok and he gets sorted quickly.

• Like 1

Had my Gall bladder removed about 14 years ago. Surgeon tried 3 times to do keyhole surgery but failed, so finished up with 3 stab wounds and a 10" scar to boast about.

Never figured out why something so small needed such a big exit hole.

Carni Miduck!!  As it happens I'm just playing some Drifters tunes and it made me think of you.  Get well soon!!

Thankyou DJ. I have a brilliant collection of Drifters now ,as you know. Many thanks to you for the very early additions and  extras you gave me. Very kind.

I would just like to thank you all for your posts. I will be back as soon as i feel better.x

Heyup Carni :biggrin: 

Just read about your setback but knowing your attitude to life, you will soon see all that behind you.

Just get well enough ready for the early Spring sunshine on the canals.... and please visit our bit of canal one day. Love to see you here.  PP and Mrs PP xx