Pounders shoe shop

Welcome to nottstalgia Cromwell. It won't be long before someone comes to your aid.

There's a bottomless mine of information on here.

Nope, it was on the left side going down, just past Bright more street and joy Hutchinson clothing shop

I knew it was a long shot when I posted my question, it was a long time ago. You never know it might ring a bell with someone, and there's no urgency. Thanks for the replies so far.

30 minutes ago, Cromwell said:

Nope, it was on the left side going down, just past Bright more street and joy Hutchinson clothing shop

Now you've said that I've looked again and it IS in those photos. Photo No 5. To the right of the Hutchinson shop.

And if you scroll down to photo No 11 in that sequence you'll see that a few years later the same building was now The Moon Cafe.

Looking at old phone directories, Pounders also had something (shop/factory ?) at High Road, Beeston and Main Street, Bulwell.

Yes, I remember Pounders closing and later becoming the 'Moon café'. I was an assistant manager in a shop close by in the 1970's. it was like a community of shop workers around goosegate/Hockley and people watched out for each other, shop lifters, gangs etc. I  remember the staff at pounders with affection.