March of the Mods (music and dance).

https://youtu.be/xPkKgrmgFTw

I drove past my gran's old house today on Cinderhill Road and a memory of a dance, in the 60s, at a church hall or community centre in Bulwell came to mind.

I can remember doing a dance to March of the Mods. I think it might have been one where you went round in a circle and changed partner (progressive?).

Anyway, my question is: Was the dance specific to that piece of music (like the Birdy Song)?

Also, was the piece written before the 60s and just renamed?

Andy

I recall going to a birthday party of a girl at Berridge, around 1968, and that being played. The dance, as I remember, was done by standing in a line and taking steps forward and back. It didn't involve a partner.

41 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I recall going to a birthday party of a girl at Berridge, around 1968, and that being played. The dance, as I remember, was done by standing in a line and taking steps forward and back. It didn't involve a partner.

Right... thought I was getting mixed up with the Gay Gordons but...

• Like 2

Yes Mods on their Vespa or Lambretta scooters adorned with lots of mirrors and lights. I often wondered what would happen to the electrical system of the scooter if they turned all those lights on at once. I remember that The Small Faces were a band much loved by Mods

Goodness this brought back some memories, remembered it as soon as a I heard the first few notes. Good times.