17 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I’ve given up on trying to trace my lineage. Too many bastards! Quite popular back then apparently.

Nothing new about them is there. I've got a few in my past.

Checked this morning but the Derbyshire Library edition does not include the 1921 census, although FMP are trying to flog half price per entry offers. I do have a Nottinghamshire Libraries card and next time I cross the border, I'll give it a go there.

From what I've seen, the 1921 is a shambles and they have the nerve to charge people to look at it! I presume it was transcribed (and I use that term very loosely) overseas because no one in the UK would make such obvious mistakes.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to 1921 Census

I think so, but it might get a bit complicated having to use the library system.

I save information by writing on paper using a pen....or.....I use my phone camera to take a photo of the information on the computer screen; and then you just transcribe it yourself when you get back home.

Just looked at how much FMP want for access at home - £199.99 for 12 months, although it says you can cancel any time. I guess that means you can cancel after the first month and only pay £16.67, once you get the balance back off them?

@The Pianoman Nottingham City Libraries website says all computers have accessible USB drive to save your work.  I have downloaded JPEGs of census returns in the past.

From the website just now:

Nottingham City Libraries have Windows 10 computers with access to:

• Like 1

Spotted this while browsing their website:

Family History Drop-in Sessions

Back by popular demand, these sessions are free and on the first Thursday of every month 10am to 12pm at St. Ann’s Valley Library.

Want to find out about your ancestry but don’t know where to start? Want some tips on where to look next? Then come along and talk to experts at our free drop-in sessions. All welcome, Nottingham ancestors not essential!

• Like 1