Torvill and Dean driving around Nottingham

It was after their wonderful ‘Bolero’ performance in the 1984 World Championships.  I remember that day as I stood on a corner with Dad and my two young sons, we were somewhere near Jayne Torvill’s parents house (shop?) near the ring road in Basford.  I managed to get some close-up pics but no idea where they are now.  

15 hours ago, LizzieM said:

It was after their wonderful ‘Bolero’ performance in the 1984 World Championships.

Where they definitely in a jeep rather than an open top bus? It looks as if there were two occasions they did this. I presume one would would have been when they were awarded Freedom of the City.

8 hours ago, Rhymester said:

Where they definitely in a jeep rather than an open top bus? It looks as if there were two occasions they did this. I presume one would would have been when they were awarded Freedom of the City.

I don’t know the answer to that about there being two occasions.   I lived in Buckinghamshire in those days and just happened to be in Nottingham visiting my parents so went with my Dad and the kids to join in the excitement!  The Torvill shop was not on Valley Road but on a road running parallel and having looked on a map it was probably Scotland Road.  We stood on the corner of that road and Nottingham Road so got a good look as the Jeep went slowly round the corner.  It was very special to have been there.  Nottingham is rightly proud of that talented pair.