It used to be Thursday lunchtime to Saturday evening ("I am the mayor, and I open this fair for three days, and three days only!") On Sunday, as my dad used to say, the showmen go to church, to thank God for all the naïve public who have parted with so much cash!

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Stavertongirl  thanks for telling me about the cakewalk being at Goose Fair,  just a quick story Friday night 8th Oct 1965 the following day was my wedding day, any way all the ladies had just had

When I was about 15 my two friends and I decided we wanted to be at Goose Fair when it ended at midnight (?) on the Saturday.  Another friend (Deirdre) and her brother lived up Sherwood Rise and invit

GOSH!!!!  Goose Fair what memories? age 13/15   used to walk down to the Forest from Robin Hood Chase with my  best friend Wendy Husband . each night Monday till Wednesday, What I here you l

:jumping: It's Greeeeeeeeeeaat to go down Nottingham's 'Goose Fair' and at my age, it doesn't cost a penny - well, p'raps a few............

I've my Bus Pass to catch the tram to the Forest and the Fair will be there waiting for me: I'll take a good walk around enjoying the sights, sounds and smells of this splendid tradition. I'll maybe spend a bit if I'm tempted by the aroma of hot peas - last years were delicious I recall, real tasty and good value for money at £2 a huge pot - no waste.

Last years lay out of the Fair was fantastic: fusing the old with the new - let's hope they stick to this..................

Nottingham's Goose Fair: Well Worth A Visit............. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

The other half is taking a day off so we can pay a visit during the day next week! Can't wait! Gonna stuff my face with so many pea's, doughnuts and candy floss......

It used to be Thursday lunchtime to Saturday evening ("I am the mayor, and I open this fair for three days, and three days only!") On Sunday, as my dad used to say, the showmen go to church, to thank God for all the naïve public who have parted with so much cash!

Curious thing. The mayor always had a go at throwing balls in a bucket and always came away with a prize. The balls always bounced out when we commoners had a go. FIX!!!

Don't ferget to get some extra loo roll in then Pixie.

Farmfoods do 18 rolls for £4. I should be alright :)

And your finger looks like Kermits Ruff when you use it too !

Think you'll find its actually good stuff, thick and soft. Some are scented too! It's the only one I use - 18rolls for the price of 8 of a brand name, can't complain.

& proper goose fair weather? Where? Its just a tad chilly with a hint of the maggot farm scent in the air... I say hint, iv had to close the window, it stinks!!

Well now I feel a little silly. Blame the blond moment on the fact I'm poorly sick!

Try it, you'll think it's ok! I used to only use andrex.. now I use this 'nicky' stuff.

Ok, and lets get the subject off loo roll...

Sorry are you getting a bit flushed? OK we'll put the lid down on the subject.

Hey. I remember a few years ago going to the 700th Goose Fair. How many is this one?

Isnt it something like the 720something this year?

... As a kid, my sister and her partner would take me, and I can remember going somewhere near by that had a miniature model version of the fair, I remember finding it fascinating. They had other bits and bobs ... Was indoors somewhere.

We're off on the Friday during the day - possibly when it opens I think it's 11am or 12. Anyone else venturing there around the same time?

Enjoy it for me, Pixie, I used to love to go to the fair, looked forward to it as a kid and teen, and was down there as soon as it was dark. Didn't seem so inviting in the daytime, I guess it was the lights as well as the noise that I liked.