Nottingham Falcons Trent University

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

Must have arrived overnight, it wasn't there last night when I checked. Mum keeping it warm now.

• Upvote 1

Wonderful, We worked it out that it would be during last night or today. I was watching this morning and there was still only one, but while we have been out for a couple of hours another one has arrived.

I was watching until about half an hour ago, because we thought another egg was due. The Falcon sitting on the eggs seemed very agitated and was definately watching some thing. I had to leave the Laptop for a short time and sadly on return saw that one egg had gone, and no Falcons around. Very sad.

Would just like to add, that up until that time, the two eggs were there..

I guess (And it is a guess) from your comments that she was watching gulls or crows...them being the only birds capable of stealing a peregrines egg in Nottingham.Others would be ravens...but not around Nottm. to my knowledge..

Looks like I may have been wrong…but not alone with my fears,several others thought one had gone…two eggs one behind the other at an awkward camera angle have now been spotted by several observers.

• Upvote 3

This is just a thought. We worked it out that if an egg is layed approximately every 48hours. One would have been due around Midday. That is why we were all watching. Today she would have layed a third egg. If one was stolen and then another one layed, it could look as if it was one of the original Two.

Work that one out. lol :unsure: I know what I mean?

This time last year was the first time I had watched the Nottm Falcons. It is great, at the moment we are watching three different Wild Bird Families.

The Nottingham Falcons are at the laying stage. The Berry Eagles have two chicks who are doing well and growing quickly and The Florida Eagles have one Eaglet (not sure if that's what they are called). It's title is E6, and it is at a very interesting stage and about to Fledge any time now.

Must go. Don't want to miss anything!! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Bad news from Florida...The chicks dad Ozzie has been taken into a rescue centre with an injured wing...he could be there weeks. It's come at a time when the chick is due to fly and the adults feed it and teach it to feed itself....lets hope the hen is up to the job....NOT GOOD!

27pm Mar. 18: It is extremely likely that the bald eagle brought in yesterday is Ozzie due to the photographs and description sent to us from the SFEC. It has been confirmed that the bald eagle does have a fractured clavicle and will need a few weeks of rehabilitation. CROW appreciates the support from our SWFEC community and will provide further updates tomorrow on Ozzie's condition.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University