Nottingham Falcons Trent University

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

I still have to get my picture size a bit smaller, I edited it to 700, perhaps 600 would have been better? and I'm not sure what the Black border on three sides of my picture is?

We discovered on my Laptop, I have to press FN and PRTSC simultaniously to get my Picture.

I get the black lines top and bottom sometimes...you could always crop....but why bother?....it's the birds that matter..The only thing I've done is to lighten the picture a bit.

dq0zzr.jpg

• Upvote 2

Very sorry to anyone enjoying the Falcon Pics. I have been tidying up my PB library and accidently deleted a pic that was on #156. For those wishing to see it, the photo is repeated on #159 by Poohbear. Very sorry. A lesson learnt! kickme

Blimey that's a first for me to see both parents feeding at the same time and two different carcasses .

Thanks for the alert darkazana

• Upvote 1

Growing rapidly now, and starting to fledge, Signs of adult feathers when they stretch their wings out. Won't be long before they are taking practice runs along the runway.

I have been looking at the falcons on and off over the last couple of days and each time neither parent was around. Can anyone confirm that they are still feeding regularly.

Just looked Dave, No worries. The parent bird was just feeding the babies, but by the time I was organised it turned and flew off. Photo to follow as soon as the opportunity arises.

• Upvote 1

In the morning Notts TV have a "Live Feed" from the webcam. Only, today, I really did not want to witness a live feed when mum and the chicks dismembered a pigeon while I tried to down my tea and toast.

As the young'uns get older the parent birds leave them unattended for longer periods, now they are starting to fledge they do not need the parents warmth so much and as they are now learning to feed themselves they won't need protecting so much from any curious birds, rather any birds straying in their direction may be the ones in danger!!!

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University