Nottingham Falcons Trent University

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

She's not there !! (or anywhere to be seen ) And there's at least 2 eggs there now too.

:biggrin: They're both there! Wonderful activity - aren't I lucky to witness this? :biggrin: Dad's flown away now, wonder if he brought his lady some food?

PS: 'Anything Made Your Day Today?'

PPS: Many thanks Beefy for this - like you say: 'fascinating'.

NB: Trouble is, this watching Falcons can get mighty addictive; must get on with the day now..................

:biggrin:Mrs Falcon's on the nest now and looking around - I tell you this watching her is definitely addictive.

The traffic looks busy in the street below. Tell you what, to escape this addiction of bird watching, I'll catch a bus into town; see if I can borrow a great big ladder, lean it up against Trent Uni's building and pop in and say a personal hello to Mrs Lady Bird herself. :biggrin:

PS: Hope she puts the kettle on.

• Upvote 1

:biggrin: Given such a Treat just now: Mrs PG in close up; she's breathing heavily, looking pensive and taking a look around - sharp wind still hanging around up there ruffling her feathers.

Going back to take a look at her clearly defined features.

'If I could talk to the animals, learn their languages, maybe take an Animal Degree'...................(Dr Dolittle).

:biggrin:Dinner Time at Trent Towers

Mrs PG's left her eggs to take a precarious walk along the icy landscape (ledge). She's now taking a bird's eye view of the City below and no doubt wondering where Mr PG is with her dinner.

Fascinating watching birds. :biggrin:

PS: Seriously thinking of joining the RSPB for £3 a month - lots of benefits with this; that is, when I have sorted out my hefty Council Tax payments.

Great to be able to check up on them while we're in bonny Scotland :-) hopefully see some ospreys while we're up here.

And at 6.20 am your time, she was very lively.

Although remaining on the nest, her head was twisting and bobbing in all directions, almost constantly, as well as looking directly upwards.

Probably waiting for her mate to return with breakfast.

Good to see her in better spirits.

:biggrin: She's still, I wonder if Mrs PG dozes off whilst she's nesting, or perhaps she meditates? - something we should all find the time to do. :biggrin:

PS: Glad to see that the ice has almost cleared away on the ledge.

:biggrin: Wondering if both mum and dad PG are both on the nest: there appears to be two tails - or it could be the end of a wing and a tail. I'm going to take another look.

PS: Whilst twilight hits the City, looks as though Mr and Mrs PG have settled down for an early night. :biggrin:

22.55 pm your time and on Camera One, it would appear that there is now a bright light positioned somewhere behind the camera and shining down onto the nesting box.

Just caught the male coming in for his shift this morning...an ideal moment to get a pic of both together...I missed the damn button for a screenshot and before I found it the old lady had buzzed off..No 'Good morning darling'...just 'Get on these soddin' eggs you!' and she was gone.

It's not too bright Poohbear it is because the aperture on the camera is wide open to allow as much light into the camera as possible so that we can see it that makes it look that way. (It's probably positioned to give a little extra warmth to help shift the snow)

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University