Nottingham Falcons Trent University

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

Great to see all 3 chicks fit and well and obviously growing at an alarming rate as parent bird cannot cover them now and looks ever so slightly uncomfortable. :jumping:

Just got a peek of the new babies, great view , even at half one in the morning.

:biggrin:Wonderful news; so thrilled for Mr and Mrs PG. Have been checking but not reporting; things appeared static with Mrs PG constantly on the nest - she deserves a Medal. Hope to see a glimpse of the family soon. :biggrin:

After I typed that last post of mine , she sat back as if showing off her brood to just me, I felt truly honoured .

Yep, three very wriggly chicks...it's definitely a struggle to keep them covered now, doing well on the feeding, plenty of pigeon provided for them. Maybe some humans should take note of their parenting skills!!! :laugh:

Get on there right now, they're being fed a ruddy great Pigeon.

They finished that one, Mum flew off and Dad returned with another ! He's feeding them again now!

The chicks are starting to 'fledge' now. Loads of proper feathers on their way.

I have a look at them everyday, Beefsteak. They've also started to flap their wings and, like you say, their adult feathers are starting to show. I saw the parent bring a pigeon to the nest yesterday afternoon but the chicks weren't interested. The parent had a mouthful or two and flew off with the remains of the pigeon.

Chicks are going on walkabout now. Not in nest. just caught sight of one of them just disappearing out of shot at front of camera.

One of them is scaring me to death. It's looking over the nest side of the ledge as it flaps its wings and I'm hoping it doesn't jump up onto the ledge. It's a long way down if it does. I saw two out of their nest box yesterday, darkazana. I wonder if there's a net underneath the ledge to stop the chicks from falling to the ground.

I was just watching them on the camera with the microphone attached and heard this almighty scraping and clanking noise. I looked at the other camera, and yup it was that one being moved!!
Must disturb them summat rotten.

Looking very grown up now. Two out on the ledge. One in nest trying out his wings for size. Guess it won't be long before their flying lesson.

New camera angle now. Not quite sure where they are but they look like they would "like to get in through the window now please, it's very scary up here on the ledge!" :-)

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University