Nottingham Falcons Trent University

I haven't been able to get on the Falcon site properly since Thursday, all though I knew that the fourth one had hatched this is the first chance to get a picture showing all four eyasses.

181fd683-602e-41ba-9fdf-b030e00d462f.png

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm supposed to do what,, jump and flap some feathers? I'm only 6 weeks old you know.  

Looks like there are visitors potentailly looking for a home for this year.  

It's here  

Glad they all made it.... So far, so good !

• Upvote 1

Lizzie,cant' you get them on Notts tv,freeview channel 7? they show them live on there every couple of hours

Rog

Hehe! I'm not so disappointed at not getting on the Live Feed this year because ..... just had one of the parents in a tree in our garden, about a mile away from NTU.  It was an exciting moment, I hope they're not after our song birds and koi !!!! 

• Upvote 1

I had two hovering over the area yesterday afternoon. It suddenly went silent as all the little birds froze.

These two came from somewhere over Bulwell Common area, as I've frequently seen odd ones. 

I hope this works, we have had a problem on PB, my son has just had a twiddle, hopefully this image will post. It is another close up, just as I clicked camera 1 yesterday morning, it zoomed in. Aren't they growing quickly, just after this pic was taken, the largest of the eyesses managed to get itself away into one off the corners, the parent grabbed it in its beak and forced it back among the others. I wouldn't fancy being grabbed by the neck, have you seen that long pointed top part of the beak Ouch!

37c8e939-1152-4a2b-b561-028abcd9266b.png

• Upvote 3

Just a little update to show how they are growing. The parent has just flown off hence the reason they are all looking in the same direction.  Awaiting food, no doubt.

0aa0ddf3-5182-4d46-8c55-a8569421d10b.png

• Upvote 1

At around 8.15am I checked the Falcons and had a shock, all I had was the back view of a pair of legs on camera2, both other cameras were off. The window was open, I was concerned but then realised that it was probably time to ring the young birds. The camera was then switched off, I think it was done for privacy, so I am waiting to get a picture of the babies.

Just checked and all cameras still off.

Cameras now back on, the little birds are all in a huddle looking very subdued and the parent must be circling as you can plainly hear the screeching. Hope all is well.

The babies have been in this position for about one and half hours, in shock I think, now being watched over carefully by the parent. They are stirring now and it looks like the parent has gone off in search of food.7d179511-3959-4808-a1b5-4f0c5d414895.png

I haven't been able to see them for ages as I can't get the images from NTU livestream. Anyone able to help me get them?

Right on schedule, the little birds are taking an interest in the surroundings. 3/4 weeks of age, first time out of the scrape (I think?) and I imagine from the interest shown, it wont be long before the others join in the adventure.

0a399c81-55e1-48fd-a440-1109c6e9f3a8.png

• Upvote 2

As long as some of you enjoy my pics, I will enjoy sharing them. What I do is click in and out of the site all day when I am relaxing. If the birds look sleepy I click straight back out and try again later.  I have discovered that it is never wise to wait for a second in case a better shot comes up, because one little movement from one of the birds and the whole scene changes. I have cut down on the amount of images i personally put on to save space, so one a week from me, unless something special comes up. I hope you carry on enjoying my posts and I look forward to seeing everyone elses shots.

Thank you for the compliment broxtowelad.

• Upvote 4

Hope those sweet little babies can cope with this horrible cold rain.

Will now try to get onto the Live Feed again but don't hold out much hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry its been so long. It is very difficult to get a good shot now as the little birds have reached the stage of great adventure and very rarely are they to be found in the nest all at the same time. As you can see they have grown considerably in the last four and a bit weeks. I got the opportunity of taking this one shot yesterday, so at least you can see the progress. They will soon be embarking on the other great adventure..............The Sky.

b0d872f0-8123-42b4-a51a-9da04e412378.png

• Upvote 2

I check the ledge on and off most days and I am not having much luck anymore. The camera has been moved round to give us a different view this morning. Here is a close up, but I have no idea if it is our 2017 newby or a parent. Does anyone recognise the street below, it is quite busy with traffic. Anyway enjoy the closeup.

6606050f-ff8d-4b9b-829d-5364512613e8.png

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Nottingham Falcons Trent University