Things that pee you off...

Affer; I'm really like fed up with it like too like!

And a nuver fing, my old English master Mr. Arthur Footsache said English should allus start wive a capital E.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

OH NO TBI, that must be awful,

merthyr if you don't know,............you could have it!!

Why are we becoming a nation of morons! Bring back hanging for misplaced apostrophe's (but give them a damn good birching first!!!

In Loughborough we have a Bernados NOT a Bernado's

Been on a bus trip lately? people who stand talking in the aisle whilst others queue to get on.

• Upvote 1

Water fluoridation.
Sugar and salt in otherwise good food (ingredients lists in order of amount).
Sprayed food (even "organics" spray apparently).
Smart meters being subtly forced on us.
Phone books removed from phone boxes (and sounds like phone boxes been removed in UK too [because of vandals?]).
Raised reflector studs in middle & side of roads.
Day light savings.
Noisy neighbours (stereos, souped up cars, etc).
Can't get normal woolen longjohns here in NZ (can in UK) only merino or poly....
Too baggy legs trousers (new / in shops).
People making noise in libraries.
Windows 7/8 (too many distractions, etc).
Churches all having same block of singing followed by block of sermon format.
Scammers and spammers.
(Thats just a few minor/major off top of my head.)

-----
To be fair re ignorance of English some of us haven't had a very good upbringing/education etc.

"Devotees of grammatical studies have not been distinguished for any very remarkable felicities of expression." ~ Bronson Alcott.

"Correct English is the slang of prigs who write history and essays." ~ George Eliot, Middlemarch, 1872.

"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." ~ Mark Twain.

"When I split an infinitive, god damn it, I split it so it stays split." ~Raymond Chandler

"Correct spelling, indeed, is one of the arts that are far more esteemed by schoolma'ams than by practical men, neck-deep in the heat and agony of the world." ~ Henry Louis Mencken, The American Language.

"Grammar is the logic of speech, even as logic is the grammar of reason." ~Richard C. Trench

"This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put."
~ Attributed to Winston Churchill, rejecting the rule against ending a sentence with a preposition, c.1948, may instead have been said by an anonymous official (*)

"Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson: you find the present tense, but the past perfect!" ~Owens Lee Pomeroy

(All in good humour/balance/fairness no offense meant.)

Probably said it before, litter droppers, fly tippers, inconsiderate smokers, inconsiderate pet owners the list goes on !

Oh my latest is the "Nanny governments or states" in our case that have to protect you from yourselves, with ridiculous new rules and regullations, whatever happened to common sense.

• Upvote 4

People who don't care and/or are judgmental.
(Esp people who have/had it all (partner/married, etc) judging or not caring about people who are worse-off (single/alone, etc).)

----

(it is true that governments have too many rules/laws against us, but there are some things in libertarianism that peeve me.)

• Upvote 1

Good grief, what a start to the day. I'm glad it's not just me. !

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...