Things that pee you off...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Fecking weathermen that give me 10°C and snow on the hills at the end of July.

#183: Even worse....stuck behind a tractor that in turn is stuck behind a bleddy tourist car doing 20MPH in a 60MPH zone.

While keeping to the 30mph,some idiot behind you flashing their lights and sounding the horn,I know my area well and I WILL get a speeding fine if I speed up,so why not overtake and you can have the fine.

• Upvote 2

A new one for me, not being able to "like" something on here when I see it.

I must have exceeded my 50 likes quota yesterday (30th), but I just felt in a "liking things" mood (sorry)

Once past 50 will it work if I "unlike" them?

• Upvote 1

The world in general.

• Upvote 2

Thank you sir that will be £14.......... PLUS VAT. Why the feck can''t they just tell you what it costs in the first place and have done with it!

• Upvote 1

Coffee in cafes, tea rooms, garden centres. They bring a mug of coffee full to the brim nearly. How in Gods name are you supposed to get the bleddy milk in. When it's cooler and I've had a sip and attempt to pour the milk in. It spills all over the table as the piddling little jug is badly designed. I always refuse milk in those f4rty little plastic things. It's like baby sick.

• Upvote 1

Milk in ya coffee FLY ,tut tut, you'll be telling me you put sugar in it annall, lol

Only one.

• Upvote 1

Visiting stately homes / National Trust properties & they automatically increase your entrance fee to include gift aid. I refuse this on principle everytime, I decide if I want to gift aid it !

I always refuse Gift Aid. I did it once at Beaulieu and was inundated with email and telephone calls for ages..... Never again.

I have noticed the National Trust charging extra for gift aid entry and I think they are pulling a fast one. I gift aid my subscription to family history societies and the membership cost is exactly the same. Tomorrow we are visiting a National Trust property in Suffolk and I am going to question them about this and find out why they charge more.

Also now when you donate things to a charity shop you can do a gift aid declaration and they claim the tax on the amount they sell your donation for. No cost to the person making the donation.

The Non gift aid price is usually buried in the small print somewhere.

HMRC stipulate that the customer has to pay extra the amount of gift aid collected or something like that. However no one can force you to gift aid your admission fee, as Bubblewrapsays not everyone pays tax.

A lot of places give another admission ticket for that year when gift aiding, if you want to return again.

#197 Hi Catfan. As I said earlier I asked about this when we visited a National Trust property in Suffolk on Monday. The helpful young man explained that the higher price with gift aid includes a voluntary donation that makes it a higher entry price. I checked on the board at the entrance and it did say this but it was not made very clear. He also explained that now if someone pays to go in and then decides to join as a member HMRC will no longer allow them to deduct that day's entrance price from the membership fee! More instances of HMRC getting at the ordinary citizen. This is annoying

We are members and when we add up what it would have cost us to visit all the places the total would be more than the membership fee. Some places we call into regularly on our travels as they have a good tea shop, better than service areas!

I hope this helps

• Upvote 1

Very much agreed! I would contend that if a sign cannot be seen (or not seen until it is too late) then it cannot be enforced either. I also get cross with road signs that obstruct direction boards. Surely there must be some proper standard for their layout?

People who can't talk quietly,on a train,bus,or in a pub,on or off their phone,even just walking down the street,and groups of men who try to laugh the loudest.,and usually laugh at nowt anyway,...........then theres blokes like me,who moan too much, :)

• Upvote 3

Then there's blokes who constantly 'Whistle' inanely thru their teeth,..........i always get em immediatly behind me in a queue,...........grrr

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...