Things that pee you off...

Every single website I've been on for weeks demands more information regarding new Privacy Laws etc. How on earth can me giving outsiders more info protect me ? I've actually deleted several useless apps in the process.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Noticed today that the arrival of the travellers on the tram stop car park at Toton has happened again this week. Rubbish, filth, dogs, grubby offspring, and large painted blousey women abound. Not only that, but as I was walking my daughters dog around the perimeter, the hedgerows were smothered in 'human' excrement where they'd thrown their offerings. 

Oh, and before the hand wringing, bleeding hearted liberalists start bleating on about them being homeless, b***ocks ! Amongst the 4WD's and big saloons, was an outfit consisting of a £60k 18 reg BMW, and a £40k monstrosity of a caravan ! Almost the cost of a house!

We've had 2,000 years of civilisation developing for the benefit of all, and the ensuing laws in force reflect this, but this bunch ride roughshod over everything in their path. 

Where were the authorities from Broxtowe Council, and the police...... Oh, I forgot, it was lunchtime ! 

Great world isn't it ?

• Like 2

Fly, re the insidious so called GDPR directive, imposed by the unelected authoritarian cabal in Brussels, it's not about protecting you, it's about collecting more info on you to enable them to control you even more.

Exactly Commo. When shopping, I also refuse to give my email address for a receipt. Just give me a little printout for goodness sake. 

• Like 2

In regard to "Sandwich Cream", wasn't there a Heinz product called Sandwich Spread which comprised finely chopped mixed vegetables suspended in salad cream? I enjoyed it on bread as a child?

I seem to remember also that Heinz discontinued selling salad cream due to "lack of demand"? This was followed by protests from aficionados of the stuff and it was reinstated. Was that real or a publicity stunt to increase its market share?

So, like, these are some other things that pee me off?

1. Starting every utterance with the word "so"?

2. As Jill Sparrow states, using "like" multiple times in one sentence when none are required?

3. Ending statements with an interrogative? I realise that the rising inflexion at the end of a sentence is an Australianism captured from the overabundance of soap operas from that country and has been part of certain English people's spoken language but it is now (I see from these pages) becoming common in written form?

SAVE THE QUESTION MARK TO ITS RIGHT AND PROPER PLACE - IT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR A FULL STOP.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Spot on jonab on all three statements. Yes, sandwich spread as a kid. Not bad, but I thought it looked a bit like cat sick !

• Like 2

Not exactly a salad fan then RR ? Can't fault it. If God had wanted me to eat lettuce, he'd have made me into a rabbit !

• Like 1

Can't buy salad cream here but my daughter loves it so its included in orders from British Corner Shop.

I like it  more or less but prefer mayonnaise.

Oooooh, very Continental !

Thinking back the last time I would have used that salad cream, probably a squirt when I've moshed up a tin of sardines & not had a can/tin of sardines in the fridge for years (sardines added to shopping list, Heinz salad cream in the bin)

Maybe the old salad creams had its day & folks moved on? I have a nice soy, chilli & ginger dressing & a blue cheese dressing that gets used regularly.  

• Like 1

France is THE place for bread. Problem with it is that it must be eaten within a very few hours of being baked otherwise it's like eating a damp dishcloth.

A close approach to my idea of gourmand bliss is a baton of fresh bread, Normandy butter, a glass (or three) of the local red and some cheese ( which should include mature Cheddar) eaten sitting under the cherry trees.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Went into the Card Factory in Bulwell today to get a wedding anniversary card for my daughter and her hubby. Managed to find one suitable, but noticed amongst the cards were ones for 'Two Lovely Guys ', and for 'You Two Girls'. 

Honestly, I nearly fetched up my bacon and egg cob ! 

Snowflakey London maybe, Bulwell, no ! 

Well thanks a lot FLY after reading that I can't eat my breakfast !

Like the poster in Lloyds bank with 2 blokes hugging with the caption "He said Yes".

Stop the world I want to get off.

The world HAS gone mad.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

The lunatics have DEFINITELY taken over the asylum. I know we've said it for years, but nowadays, I'm finally convinced of it 

• Like 3

Having an excursion to town today & going to the QMC later on for an appointment that was cancelled twice. Hopefully get more info regarding problem found with MRI scan back in February. Had a letter already referring me to a spinal consultant in july.?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, jonab said:

France is THE place for bread. Problem with it is that it must be eaten within a very few hours of being baked otherwise it's like eating a damp dishcloth.

A close approach to my idea of gourmand bliss is a baton of fresh bread, Normandy butter, a glass (or three) of the local red and some cheese ( which should include mature Cheddar) eaten sitting under the cherry trees.

Most French people I meet use their batons to point when giving you directions, and wave them about energetically to underline their conversation. As to local plonk, when we use the farmhouse at Les Bessardieres, I followed the tip from the next door neighbours (a couple from Reading, would you believe) and fill up a flagon at the local shop. it's like a petrol pump, and the stuff is dirt cheap. Other tip was, always add "du syrop" to the glass first, or it's like drinking  red diesel.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, catfan said:

Well thanks a lot FLY after reading that I can't eat my breakfast !

Like the poster in Lloyds bank with 2 blokes hugging with the caption "He said Yes".

Stop the world I want to get off.

The world HAS gone mad.

pity Lloyds didn't save the advertising costs and put it into their IT system. That didn't say yes last week, and still isn't, I gather.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jonab said:

Agreed but have you tasted sicilian bread made with " farina macinata" . Bread with sesame seeds on top. Had Some bread yesterday from another bread shop , with sesame seeds and it. Wasnt a patch on the real thing. The dough is more compact rather than light and the crust out of this world.

Agreed too wherever you sit add some LOCAL cheeses and maybe some sun dried tomatoes and black and green olives preferably "piccante"

I love to eat al fresco like this.

Buon appetito

oh and also a bottle of local wine

16 hours ago, catfan said:

I like it with baked beans & jacket spud !

Agree with what you say though, Chips now Fries, Crisps now Potato Chips, Can I get ? etc etc !

Sometime when I go back to UK the only difference I see is that you have to look the opposite way when crossing the road. I have previously commented on beer, bread and Subway 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, radfordred said:

Thinking back the last time I would have used that salad cream, probably a squirt when I've moshed up a tin of sardines & not had a can/tin of sardines in the fridge for years (sardines added to shopping list, Heinz salad cream in the bin)

Maybe the old salad creams had its day & folks moved on? I have a nice soy, chilli & ginger dressing & a blue cheese dressing that gets used regularly.  

You may have a point. Up until a few years ago (maybe 20) the only salad dressing I could get in the UK (including restaurants) was oil and vinegar or salad cream. I haven’t really thought about it, but I assume, given the chips / crisps thing you now have a variety of dressings.

Its confusing when you get used to looking one way then go to another country and have to think where you are.

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...