Things that pee you off...

Have not seen any colour charts, just going by reading novels. That's how the writers would describe the blondes.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Your right blonde female and 

blond males 

Katjay, that is my understanding as well.

When I first started working in an office we used to have secretaries, file clerks and a bunch more administrative personnel. The job of Office Manager was a big deal.

Then with PC’s the number of secretary’s halved, then with the internet, laptops, email and cell phones they have more or less disappeared along with all those administrative positions and office space. The result is that people like me now type and instead of letters we message everything along with attachments. Just this morning I was told that my son should write a proposal as my english was too English.

Went to the local supermarket this morning and almost had an accident. The front of the SM is on a slope and coming out with a trolly of shopping heavy with a couple of cases of water, it decided to go its own way and I couldnt control it. The cause?? Wheels bunged up with hair and bits of paper. Why dont SM clean them up every so often?

A friend of ours was made redundant many years ago so not to be unemployed he did the rounds and asked if they had any trolleys to service, mainly clearing the gunge from the wheels. It turned into a well paid business.

Here there are a lot of young men out of work that hang around supermarkets to take trolleys back etc and looking for a couple of cents. I feel like telling them to ask if anywhere has any trolleys to clean.

• 2 weeks later...

Returned an article to a department store this morning, and got the refund on madams credit card, but the questions ! Why do they require my postcode, house number and email address...... Ridiculous. Didn't give my email address.

Oh, and why don't assistants pick up clothing that has dropped from the racks and hang it up. Unbelievable sloppy behaviour !

Typical of today's 'Let someone else do it attitude '. 

• Like 1

Sat dining in a fish & chip eatery at lunchtime with Mrs C & the number of customers (younger) who asked "CAN I GET" really does my head in, the same as "HI GUYS" GGGGGGRRRRRRR !

• Like 2

July 4.  Independence Day here!  Not my favorite day.  I (jokingly) tell folks I don't celebrate my country getting kicked out of here in 1776.  :biggrin:. Bloomin'. Fireworks going off'till midnight.  Me dog scared to death.  What's to celebrate.  Heard of a survey recently.  Half the folks don't really know what it was about or when it was.  Another third thought we separated from Virginia.  I kid you not!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, catfan said:

Sat dining in a fish & chip eatery at lunchtime with Mrs C & the number of customers (younger) who asked "CAN I GET" really does my head in, the same as "HI GUYS" GGGGGGRRRRRRR !

I guess it just 'like' annoys you eh?    :biggrin:

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Half the folks don't really know what it was about or when it was

They don't care, Loppy. As long as there's food, beer and fireworks...a lot of noise to preventing em thinking too deeply about things, they're happy!

• Like 2

They need to start thinking about things, Jill.  The hatred and angst here is palpable.  If they don't simmer down and gerra grip we'll be fighting civil war 2.0 and they won't understand why.  I'm about ready to pack me bags.  I'm getting a bit tired of it. :Shock:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

I guess it just 'like' annoys you eh?    :biggrin:

Over heard a young bint on the bus to the QMC on her phone & every other phrase she muttered was "You Know What I Mean" NO I bleddy don't & don't want to either !

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

They need to start thinking about things, Jill.  The hatred and angst here is palpable.  If they don't simmer down and gerra grip we'll be fighting civil war 2.0 and they won't understand why.  I'm about ready to pack me bags.  I'm getting a bit tired of it. :Shock:

If I was being cynical, and I often am, I suppose that the majority of people who have fought in this world's conflicts didn't really understand why. If you can prevent people thinking about things and understanding situations, you can control them with ease. Providing them with access to lots of addictive food and drink helps, as do social media sites and brain numbing rubbish on 24 hour a day tv channels.

Life is cheap, always was, probably always will be.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Once youngsters forget or never learn history, we're doomed.  When I hear some of the answers given to questions on quiz programmes, I nearly throw up.

They know the latest 'star' to give birth to some wretch, but the most basic of history facts..... Forget it.

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

I'm about ready to pack me bags.  I'm getting a bit tired of it. :Shock:

Hit the trail Loppy.....we'll ride together........''with a dirty hat pulled down across your face''   Glen Campbell ,''gentle on my mind''...........lol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'll join too. Got me reb cap, and squirrel gun. 

• Like 4

Oh, and my bottle of Southern Comfort for celebrating a coup !

• Like 3

Mind numbing rubbish Jill...... Now there's something we don't see much of !  I wish !

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

I'll join too. Got me reb cap, and squirrel gun. 

The three Amigo's........Loppy,,Fly and Ben..(well we all same age)....''its just knowing were not shackled by forgotten ties and bonds''....bit more Gentle on my mind,,...........youve got me going now got me Cowboy head on.................lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Once youngsters forget or never learn history, we're doomed.  When I hear some of the answers given to questions on quiz programmes, I nearly throw up.

They know the latest 'star' to give birth to some wretch, but the most basic of history facts..... Forget it.

Question  is though, Fly.

Are they really to blame or has the system been dumbed down so much that they never really learned any independent thinking?  

I think  back to some of the history in particular that we were taught.  For example, we were taught that Guy Fawkes tried to blow up parliament and King James in the early 1600s.  We were not taught why he did it, who was behind it etc.. So most light their bangers on Nov 5 with no real idea of what they are celebrating or why.

The winner of wars writes the history.  The loser is demonized and so it goes.

Edited for spelling.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

The three Amigo's........Loppy,,Fly and Ben..(well we all same age)....''its just knowing were not shackled by forgotten ties and bonds''....bit more Gentle on my mind,,...........youve got me going now got me Cowboy head on.................lol

Come on, Ben!   You know that song wasn't about three amigos.  It was about some guy living with his girlfriend without the benefit of marriage.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

Home on The Range eh Ben ?

• Like 2

And I read somewhere the other day that many schools are banning young girls from wearing skirts as part of their school uniform ! Not gender neutral the lefty hand wringers say. The world is going mad & I want to get off.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...