Things that pee you off...

Before I give what pennies I have to any charity I always check on what proportion actually ends up with those it claims to support. Some have exorbitant administration costs. Look it up you will be surprised.

3 hours ago, Deepdene Boy said:

The one charity that I support is the RNLI.

Like Deepdene Boy I wonder why some organisations are not fully funded by government in Australia too i.e. The Royal Flying Doctor Service for one

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Deepdene Boy said:

Shameful that the Royal Flying Doctor Service is not supported by the Aussie government.

Deepdene, The Australian Federal Government does support the Royal Flying Doctor Service to the tune of $330 million over the next 4 years and it is supported by the State governments too but the RFDS still relies heavily on community fundraising and donations.

It seems to be a thing these days that you have to be FULLY hydrated at all times..... from joggers down to schoolchildren.  I wonder how us oldies coped when we were at school (only a water fountain at playtime and dinner time or just drinking from the washbasin taps)  and in the holidays, when I was running about playing outside with my friends, I never carried a water bottle - I just had a big drink of water or squash when I got back home!   

With all the extra fluids the schoolkids get through, I hope they aren't always needing to go to the loo in lesson time!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, MargieH said:

It seems to be a thing these days that you have to be FULLY hydrated at all times..... from joggers down to schoolchildren.  I wonder how us oldies coped when we were at school (only a water fountain at playtime and dinner time or just drinking from the washbasin taps)  and in the holidays, when I was running about playing outside with my friends, I never carried a water bottle - I just had a big drink of water or squash when I got back home!   

With all the extra fluids the schoolkids get through, I hope they aren't always needing to go to the loo in lesson time!

Hi Margi, 

It was the same when I was school    only allowed a drink at playtime and lunch.

I do try and limit how much they drink

Phil, it's a marketing thing as well.  Our granddaughter has a very posh water container.  Apparently they are in several designs and 'EVERYONE' has got one'.   

Amy, you'll have to be careful if you try and enforce  limited drink rules - human rights and all that...

1 minute ago, MargieH said:

Phil, it's a marketing thing as well.  Our granddaughter has a very posh water container.  Apparently they are in several designs and 'EVERYONE' has got one'.   

Don’t even start on bottle flipping 

1 hour ago, Amy92 said:

As a teacher the things that really pee me off are . 

Children swinging on their chairs and wanting a drink constantly.

The job does bring its rewards :(

Welcome Amy 92 hope you enoy this site.

13 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Surely for normal healthy people your body systems tell you when you’re thirsty. I think it’s just a way of showing others how trendy you think you are if you feel it necessary to overtly carry a water bottle.

Phil apparently when you are thirsty you are aready dehydrated. The hospital has told me I MUST drink at least 2 litres a day. Difficult sometimes but I always have to carry a bottle of water in my bag.

I certainly dont feel trendy. Out and about in this heat without water or a bar nearby is suicide. Besides tv says every day KEEP HYDRATED.

We weren't aware of the problems dehydration can cause years ago. I never used to even think about drinking but now I drink water also during the night.

11 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Phil apparently when you are thirsty you are aready dehydrated. The hospital has told me I MUST drink at least 2 litres a day. Difficult sometimes but I always have to carry a bottle of water in my bag.

I certainly dont feel trendy. Out and about in this heat without water or a bar nearby is suicide. Besides tv says every day KEEP HYDRATED.

We weren't aware of the problems dehydration can cause years ago. I never used to even think about drinking but now I drink water also during the night.

Current medical studies say you should only drink when you feel thirsty.

• Like 1

Yes but how many medical studies are there? You can 't believe them all. My advice is repeated from oncology so thats what I try to do. Sometimes drinking when I'm thirsty just isn't enough to quench my thirst. Everyone is different and have their own views.

• Like 1

Apparently the average human stomach holds around a litre or a quart of liquid.

Some of the drinkers I knew must have processed it quickly because they had an amazing capacity for beer.

Any of you blokes heard the expression "breaking the seal". You can drink for quite a long time until you really need to go to the loo and after that first time you then have to go on a regular basis.

• Like 1

I am told that it is necessary to drink as much liquid, preferably water, as I can manage but at least four litres a day. Part of my medication regimen is that I take a full dose diuretic tablet every morning to make me pee and reduce my water content (which it does profusely over the following 3 or so hours).

My thoughts are that it would be more logical not to imbibe all that water in the first place but, apparently not.

I am lucky, though, in that there are several springs (sources de l'eau) here (one on my own property) which provide infinite amounts of delicious, cold mountain water.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Wish we did too but unfortunately to drink we have to use bottled water

I think from now on you should ask my permission to have a drink or use the loo , don’t want you wasting  posting time

• Like 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...