Been on a few weeks now. Moved away from Nottm years ago for work, but back every 2 weeks at least for football and family. Would like to move back eventually, but you lose your bottle about moving as you get older. Oh well, 3 out of 4 grandchildren have been born within the sound of Little John. That is quite satisfying.

• 2 weeks later...
Moved away, just to over the border in Lincs. Nowhere near as good as Nottingham, but they pay me.............

:tease: Would the job be pulling Carots? I've heard it's dam good pay and the working conditions are great too.

Four weeks a year paid holiday. Dental plan and as much veg as you can eat..

Also a shopping voucher worth five pounds to spend at your local farmers market once a fortnight.

:Vampire:

• 5 weeks later...

welcomehome Don't need such as me to pick potaoes these days, they got busloads of em coming in to the area.

Not easy to just up-sticks and move when you've got 30-odd years of stuff in your house. Not easy to find a house where you want one either. Also a major thing to do, move from the country back into the city, which is what we are thinking of.

oh well, happy new year all.

Paddy, I left the UK in 79 with a very large suitecase and a shoulder bag for the sunny climes of Tasmania. I bought me a large station waggon and moved north chasing the sun to NSW. In just a few months in Tassie, my suitecase had swollen!

I settled in Wollongong, and of course my packrat instincts swelled my possesions to a large truck load, which I drove over " the hill" to Bathurst in NSW.

I married a couple of years later and we decided renting was "for the birds" and bought a house. Jeeze!! where did all those things come from??

Now I live in the country, down in southern Missouri and we'd need a semi to move all our stuff!

It's never ending mate...BUT I'd never move back to Nottingham if you offered me a huge house in a patrolled gated community! Plus a million quid!

I escaped when Maggie grabbed power!

There’s a saying that say’s the rodents leave a sinking ship first and make no mistake this ship is sinking fast.

I have a friend a young friend of thirty-two who has just past her Community Police exams, next week she starts a beat around the Sneinton area of Nottingham.

I personally do fear for her life.